Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using SHOPIFY Javascript product embed code with Types and Views … not showing

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: integrate my Shopify shopping cart with Types and Views and WordPress 4.8.2

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I normally use Custom Types, Fields, etc. to display embedded content strings but I think there may be a Javascript collision somehow. I will keep testing but have given you ADMIN access.

Instead, I got:

Update after testing ...

By moving the JAVASCRIPT portion of the embed code to the FOOTER.php file, it is now working with my theme which proves this seems to be a Javascript loading sequence collision of some sort. Although this solution is NOT IDEAL for us, I can work with it as needed. I am going to try switching over to a default THEME now to see if there may be another issue at play here.

Woody

Update #2

I tried installing Twenty Seventeen and Twenty Thirteen default themes - this is NOT the PROBLEM ... the view would NOT SHOW UP using the default theme. I will stick with creating SUB-SCRIPTS for each product from Shopify for the time being but would love to hear your input ... maybe some sort of FUNCTIONS override?

Cheers
Woody

Hi, I'm having trouble understanding the problem. I've downloaded the Duplicator package and checked the homepage. I'm seeing "vvv" appear in the View "product-4up-excerpt-view", when either your custom theme or the default Twenty Seventeen theme are active. I inspected the View and it appears that it is set to loop over Posts. There is only 1 Post, so only one result is displayed. The text "vvv" is included in the Content Template "Shopify Test View Template", and is shown once - i.e. one result. So I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, can you clarify for me?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.