Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using OR instead of AND for Taxonomy Conditional on Custom Field Group…

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by shawnW-3 3 years, 3 months ago.

Author
Capture.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
For CPT Models I have 15 different configurations of spec fields that need to be show based on their model type taxonomy.

Some of these 15 are actually sharing. So, for instance, Monoblock Amplifier and Multi-Channel Amplifier, don't need different Custom Field Groups. They can share. This keeps it at 15 Custom Field Groups instead of 23.

The problem is I just realized that setting "Use Field Group" to "When ALL conditions are met" means that both Monoblock Amplifier and Multi-Channel Amplifier must be selected for the Custom Field Group to show. I get the sense this was a recent change, because all of these models that are one or the other already had their specs entered.

And that's what I need... an "OR" instead of "AND" for the taxonomy. When EITHER Monoblock Amplifier is checked OR Multi-Channel Amplifier is checked, use specs for "Term(s): Monoblock Amplifiers, Multi-Channel Amplifiers"

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I think documentation for custom field group conditional syntax existed, but it looks like it was lost to me in some documentation updates.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Image attached is the same issue, with different Taxonomies.

What is the link to your site?

I don't actually need "Model" to be set as the post type since the taxonomy is only assigned to Model. I could see it being helpful if choosing AND OR was an option somewhere for multiple taxonomy selections, just in case someone does have a taxonomy assigned to multiple post types, but required specifically an assignment for one post type using one taxonomy OR another taxonomy. For us, just removing the post type and setting the Use Field Group to when any conditions are met works. Thanks anyway.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.