Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Genesis with Types, Views, Layouts, and am having some output problems

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by dbarber 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I apologize but I am confused, what difference do you mean?

The Uber Menu size? The General CSS design of the 2 sites?

I am not sure to understand, the initial issue is solved, as I don't see the unwanted Headings anymore.

Is this correct?

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda

The issue is "solved" but not as it should be.

Nothing to do with a difference between the two sites or the CSS.

I learned that the original problem came from where / how the heading and description appeared on the page.

The Genesis theme offers the option to display the heading and description after the nav bar but before the loop, as you can see in the demo site I linked to.

I'd like to be able to retain that option.

I hope I understood this correctly, please if not, can you provide me a screenshot?

I assume you talk about the grey box ("Technology + description") you can see under this link:
hidden link

If so I can provide for now a Custom snippet to bring that Box back.

We may add a extra cell in future to our Layouts :: Genesis Plugin so you can choose freely where to display that component.

Can you confirm we are talking the same issue?

That's exactly what I'd like, Beda.

So if you can provide a custom snippet for now, that would be great.

Our DEV is evaluating how to implement this easier, for now you can use this:

<div class="archive-description taxonomy-archive-description taxonomy-description">
  <h1 class="archive-title">[wpv-archive-title]</h1>
  <p>[wpv-post-taxonomy type="category" format="description"]</p>
</div>

You can place it directly before <wpv-loop> or adding a new visual editor cell with the code before the archive posts cell.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Hi Beda

I couldn't get the description to display using the code you provided, so I tried a few alternatives.

This one worked:

<p>[wpv-taxonomy-archive info="description"]</p>

Cheers

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.