Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using custom code

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Using custom code - in previous site it was working, its not working on production site

Solution:
User forget to remove the "Query Filter" for the custom field that is added to View's Query filter section.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/using-custom-code/#post-1991971
Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaS-3 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

Minesh - one of ur support members - help me with a wonderful code snipet. He made it running on my sandbox system. I copied and activated the custom code on my productive system but without effect. I switched off my security plugin iThemes Security but also without effect. The custom code is working fine on my sandbox system even if I start my security plugin. Any idea?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share admin access details of your site where the code you added is not working and please share problem URL as well.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

When I visit the custom code section: hidden link

I see I can not edit it. Can you please share problem URL and tell me what exactly not working. Where you added the view - to what page/post?

Hi Minesh,

I was opening the Editor. So you may edit now directly.

URS
Frank

Minesh
Supporter

It seems you forget the answer the question:
- Can you please share problem URL and tell me what exactly not working. Where you added the view - to what page/post?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-18 um 10.21.31.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-18 um 10.22.17.png

Sorry. I was uploading 2 Screenshots. On my sandbox clone your code is working fine and the book author "Link, Charlotte" is displayed fine. On my productive system this book author is missing.

Did this answer your question?
THX again.

Minesh
Supporter

Please check now: hidden link

It seems you forget to remove the "Query Filter" from your view's query filter section for the lastname. I removed the query filter from your view's Query filter section and it seems ok.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.