Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Categories

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Shane, Yes, that is correct, see here

First Aid Training Courses.
hidden link

Life Support training
hidden link

Mandatory Training
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

Ok I think i understand a little better.

So these pages are where you will add each of those single taxonomy designs. Sorry for the many questions but in order to advise i need to know exactly.

First aid training will display taxonomy A

Life support Training will display taxonomy B

Online mandatory Training will display Taxonomy C

Each of those pages will display the respective posts for those taxonomies in a different design.

Once you're able to confirm this then I can point you in the right direction. However from how it is looking now it seems to require 3 separate views.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, this is correct

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

So in your case you will need to create 3 taxonomy views and 3 post views.

Now each of your taxonomy views will have a query filter for your taxonomy term, and from here you can set which taxonomy term you want the view to display.

Then on one of your post view that will be tied to this taxonomy view as a child view you will add the query filter for this taxonomy and set it to get the term of the parent view.

Take a look at this example here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/#taxonomy-view-with-a-post-view-for-a-child

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

HI,

I created 3 x Taxonomies
I also created 3 v Views

I assume what I have done is correct, however, this stuff totally loses me when you share a link that references numerous ways, I am not sure where to go now.

In views do I need to create a template and then add that template to my page with a shortcode?

I am happy for you to login and see if I have followed your guidance correctly.

HI,

Watch this, maybe you can see something I have done wrong.

hidden link

filter.JPG

I might have found the issue, i never checked this box

I have them showing, however for some reason this page does not show. Not even a message. I cannot figure out why. Perhaps a shortcode issue, what are your thoughts.
hidden link

Sorry, multiple comments, interestingly when I add Training Courses to either

hidden link
or
hidden link

They do not show if I show that course on the 3rd one which is hidden link it shows. If I remove the items from any of those 2 above, then I get the on screen message NO ITEMS

Silly me, I never moved over the template design, so there was no loop 🙁
I think I am all good now.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

Is this up and running as you would like it ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.