Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Bootstrap Modals is Seemingly Causing Views to Crash or Fail to Load

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dave 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

This is the really stupid thing, I've done this three times previously and it has yielded the same results of failure.

I have no idea what has changed this time or whether it is going to help in the long run, but I will keep working at it.

Although, I still can't see what would could possibly cause Toolset to crash. Still I will post updates as I make progress.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok great. Just make sure to spot the action when you able to broke it at what point that will help us to spot the cause. If it all goes well - I 'm sure you will be really happy to see that 🙂

I finally found out what was happening!

I rebuilt everything from the ground up from a completely stripped back framework of what I had originally written and the whole problem was coming from a [wpv-conditional] statement that was wrapping a lot of the View in the third section of the accordion. Having a [wpv-conditional] returning false and not allowing the View to load was basically what the problem was and removing this and correcting a few resulting HTML logic errors has sorted things out.

Quite why Toolset loaded nothing when a [wpv-conditional] statement was failing is anyone's guess but it is not working perfectly and all I can say is if you encounter similar situations when the page just dies at the point a view should load, check your conditional statements as it seems to hold the power to break everything!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.