Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Beaver Builder 2.0 to create content template not working

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Use Beaver Builder to create a content template for an archive for a CPT.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: typestest.com is a local dev site

I expected to see: The working archive

Instead, I got: only the navigation, no content.

Here is a video I made of what I did and the results: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi David

I just went through the steps involved for this to make sure I wasn't missing anything with the update to BB 2.0, and the changes in workflow are those that come from our end with the latest Views release which expanded the ability to design templates with other page builders.

The steps I followed were like so:

- Create a new archive for the post type at Toolset > WordPress Archives
- Skip the Loop Output wizard to be able to insert an empty Content Template that you will design with BB
- Insert your cursor between the wpv-loop tags, which is where you will insert the Content Template (important!)
- Use the Content Template button to create a new template that you name
- Scroll down to the template editor

Normally you would insert the content and shortcodes as required here for the output you want to appear for each post that is shown in the archive, though you will insert these in a design created with BB. If you were to look in Toolset > Content Templates you would find this template listed, but not assigned to a post type. That is normal and correct, the custom WPA you are currently editing is what gets assigned to the archive and it stores the reference to the content template.

- Use the page builder button to edit the Content Template using BB (you'll need a couple of clicks to get through to the front-end BB editor).
- You now insert the content you require. If you want to output post fields, including custom fields for this post type, you'll be inserting text modules and using the Fields and Views button to insert the desired shortcode.

To be clear, what you are editing here is the content that is output for each iteration of the archive loop, i.e. in your case what to include for each book. Typically that would be a post title link, featured image, and post excerpt, for example. The custom WordPress archive you have created will be responsible for retrieving the list of books and iterating over them with this Content Template.

I hope that is clear, but if not, let me know.

Thank you Nigel, So my issues were that I didn't have the cursor placed between the loop tags and I can only use Beaver Builder to insert the shortcodes, not use the Beaver Builder posts module.

Thanks for catching those mistakes.

Regards,

David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.