Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Access causes a error

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Bobby339 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
CapturFiles.jpg

I am trying to use Access to control page read access to certain logged in users - I've chosed that Access should control "Pages" and I setup my "Posts Group" and that's all good. However on the main Access screen whenever I check the box "Managed by Access" in the Post Types > Pages section I get these errors on the front end (every front end page):

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in XXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 235

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in XXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 235

NOTE: I XXXXXXXXXXXX'd out some information

When UNcheck the box, those errors go away. All my plugins on my site are up to date, I've tried deactivating/reactivating them a few times but nothing works 🙁

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I see a couple of users reported this issue but we fail to reproduce this issue. In order to debug this issue further, I would like to have a duplicator package of your install.

Could you please share copy of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well it will be a separate copy and we will use it for our debug purpose and it will not affect your live site at all and please note that the reply will be private so only you and me can access the duplicator package which you share.

It's totally fine if you have any other reason for not sharing the site copy. I will update you when we locate the issue and fix it.

Minesh
Supporter

OK fine - thank you.

Sounds good. Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - thank you!! I'll get in touch with you when I've some updates on this.

Hi Minesh,

Any progress on this issue?

This issue is now delaying me launching the website

🙁

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry - I do not have any news yet but what if you turn of WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and check if notices stop displaying.

Does this help?

Thanks for the tip! I followed the instructions on this page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

However that did not change / remove the error messages on the front end.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Dear Bobby,

Minesh isn't available currently, I can not duplicate same problem too, so it might be a compatibility problem or server problem in your website.

I suggest you check these in your website:
1) Since you are using a custom theme, please deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Hi Luo,

Thanks for the feedback! I tried switching the theme and the errors did not change. I pasted that code into my wp-config file and here are the contents of the new eror_log.txt file:

[31-Oct-2016 22:26:39 UTC] PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home4/rp9cm3zds8/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 235
[31-Oct-2016 22:26:39 UTC] PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home4/rp9cm3zds8/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 235
[31-Oct-2016 22:26:57 UTC] PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home4/rp9cm3zds8/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 235

Any idea what all that means?

Like I mentioned to Minesh, when I UNcheck the "Managed by Access" box in the Pages section those errors go away.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Our developers are investigating the issue. Plese hold on for further updates. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Hi Toolset Team!

Is there any update on this ticket?

I know it's a tough problem, but it's been 17 days since I first posted this and I really need to get this resolved as I can't launch the website until it's fixed 🙁

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

[removed]

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.