Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Users other than admins have no "edit my profile" link

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Simon Logan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I can only see the "Edit My Profile" link on the WP toolbar if I am logged in as an admin user, however I've like to allow other users to edit this as well.

I don't believe that I've configured anything to block this (I had a function to remove the toolbar for certain usergroups but even after removing that I can see the toolbar but not the edit feature). I'm not 100% that its Toolset which controls this but it seems possible since I'm using it for most things on the site and don't think I have any other plugins which could be responsible.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Is this a custom role created with our Access plugin ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

It is, yeah. We have two custom roles (Lender and Broker) so all my tests have been with them, though I'd tried assigning some test users additional core roles such as Author/Contributor and didn't it see it after that either.

FYI I'm now thinking I might just create a custom User form to handle the process of editing their accounts anyway, so don't worry about spending too much time on this, though if you have a quick answer it would be handy to know.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Allowing them to edit their profile on the frontend would be a good Idea.

If those user roles do have backend access then they should be able to go to the backend and edit their profiles like that.

Thanks,
Shane

Haven't resolved the issue of the missing link but not entirely sure it's down to Toolset anyway, so have just gone another route of building an edit profile form instead.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.