Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Users Edit Post link won’t display the CRED form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When a CRED Edit User Form is inserted directly into a post or a page, it does not work on the front-end and the following error is displayed : “Cred form does not exist”

Solution:
https://toolset.com/errata/when-cred-edit-user-form-is-inserted-directly-it-is-not-rendered-on-the-front-end/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

I am trying to:
To have logged in users edit their User Profile created with a CPT they own.

I'm using WPMUDEV Membership 2 Pro plugin. I'm using Divi 3.0.27.

I have set up a page to display the user's membership account. On that native Divi page, I have added a View listing their post, which is just one, being their User Profile. I have included the Edit link.
hidden link

When clicking the Edit link, the Cred form is not showing. This is what I get:
hidden link

I have also tried to add the Edit Profile link on their CPT page:
hidden link

Not working. It just shows the same as above.

To create the Cred edit form, I followed the documentaion and duplicated the Create Profile Form. When working on my form for editing the post (Edit existing content), I click Preview, and this is what I get:
hidden link

This does not look correct? I expected to see the form itself, not just shortcodes.

What's wrong with this setup?

This seems like CRED is not active, as the ShortCodes are simply rendered, instead of executed.

I see though it's active in your debug info, wich makes the issue strange.

Are any other ShortCodes (not from CRED) working fine on your site?

Can you try to disable every plugin but Toolset, and use Theme Twenty Sixteen?

Is the issue solved then?

Please also await my update about a HotFix that will be published tomorrow, related to user Forms where you will see a "user form does not exist" message even thou it exists.

Hi Beda,

Sorry, been too busy with client work the last days.

I have been looking again at this today, but I can't figure this out. I tried disabling all plugins, but that didn't help. Not until I switched to Twenty Sixteen did I get the preview to work.

But anyway, I'm working on the same setup on another site of this client, and we are using the exact same version of Divi there which renders fine.

The preview is one thing. The other issue is to get the Edit Post link to render a form.

We will handle the issue with the Form not working.
(The other issue is to get the Edit Post link to render a form.)

For the other issue, we would need to start a new Thread.

Can you show me this online?

1. I need the exact link to the Page where I can see the Link to the Form
2. I need to know where this page is built
3. I need to know the View involved in this, and if Layouts is used as well
4. I will need to disable all plugins but Toolset and eventually switch themes.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

Btw, the Edit Profile link is also available, when logged in, on the public profile page.

hidden link

This page is rendered by the Content Template > "Practitioner Profile Page".

Editing link is not working here either.

Some late night working. Adding some more info here:

I have continued my work and began installing the EventOn calendar system for this site. After som hacking and hustling, I found that their shortcodes is not rendering either on this site.

Have a look at the page Events.

-signing out.

OK; I can display the Form if I insert the Form directly (no link):
[cred_form form='375' form_name='Practitioner Profile Editing']

So to me it seems, on the Link Form, the CRED plugin can not find a the_content() part to overwrite.

This could be a conflict with the Builder.

But something is strange anyway on your Setup.
You use layouts, but no Layout is assigned to the Pages in question, although you seem to have created the Layouts for Profile and edit profile.

Then, when I call the Edit CRED form via link the URL completely changes to a behandler/johnny-helleland/?cred-edit-form=375&_id=198 instead of account/?cred-edit-form=375&_id=198

Can you explain these several different approaches of edit pages and layouts?

I suggest to create one Page, where you display the View, with Layouts, and call the Form in there.
This should work.

Good evening Beda,

About the Layouts: Yes, I tried that. But I really don't like the Divi support that's created. It's a hassle to get it look the same as with native Divi. Toolset have also not included the Divi footer which have a lot of custom functions through Theme Customizer and settings. This is weird...

Also, I asked the question before if I HAVE to use Layouts, and the answer was it's optional. I find it easier to just create Content Templates and add to Divi builder as short-codes.

So yes, I also tried to create a Layout for user Profile pages, but I haven't used any of them.

Hm, I'll try to explain my setup:

The site will have two main functions for the membership benefits. As an alternative practitioner to,

1. Show up in the practitioner list:
hidden link -which is built on the Page, Alternative Practitioners using Divi builder. With a View shortcode for "Practitioner Main Search and Filter".

2. Have a personal practitioner profile:
hidden link
Which is built using the Content Template "Practitioner Profile Page", for the CPT "Practitioners".

So no Layout is used.

Hm, your last part. Not sure I got that.

I can create a Layout for a Page, but showing which View?

I'll be working on this now. I have created a separate login for myself.

Thanks again,

Well, what I meant is that you call the View with wich you display the current User post already, in a layout.
I think you mention that View here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/users-edit-post-link-wont-display-the-cred-form/#post-477932

Anyway, I suspect this has to do with the Theme.
I suddenly recalled this issue:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-edit-links-not-working/
(don't let you confuse by the topic there)

Basically when you have a site running the Divi theme and some content that you edit with a CRED edit form, e.g. add a link to edit the post on the content template for single posts.

Try it and it should work fine.

Now, go into Divi theme options.

There is a setting “Grab the first post image”.

Enable it. Re-test. See the CRED form doesn’t render, nor does the post.

Do you have that setting active?

Omg! It was that one damn setting!

I turned off "Grab the first post image", and the form is rendered! Halleluja.

The only thing now is to understand how I can control the layout. You have looked through my Account page setup? I would prefer to control the layout so that when the users click the Edit Profile link, this is how it should load.

hidden link

The screenshot shows what I did for them to create new articles. Which is easier of course.

So I guess I might need to create a Layout for that. But what I can't see clearly is what would make, technically, this layout to load like that when clicking Edit Profile link?

And, this also goes for the CPT I made for user articles. Looking at Your Account, you see I made a button saying Your Articles.

hidden link

It's two Divi columns. Left side I just fetched all the articles the user is author off. I will add "Edit Article" link on each one. But I would like then to have the article open in the right column space for editing.

Also a new Layout I guess. But how to... make it work? 🙂

We would need to handle this new (how to) issue in a new Thread.

There is a solution to load layouts when a CRED form is called via a Link, but it involved a little custom code.

Otherwise the Link will try to replace a content part.

What you can do as well is to place (instead of the link) the whole form into the template you show above.

Please let us know in a new ticket the exact goal, and then we can help with this.

Okey, I see. Sure, I will close this one and start a new thread.

Thanks for all the help here 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.