Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Users do not get redirected after successful login

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelM-30 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am using Access to allow only Members to my website.
If I use the following code to redirect the user after successful registration to the frontend of the website - it does not work.

<p>[wpv-login-form redirect_url="hidden link" allow_remember="true" remember_default="true"]</p>

The user is always redirected to hidden link

What am I doing wrong here.?

By the way the toolset debug info is empty.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Michael

I tested this yesterday because I had another user reporting something similar. On my local test site, and on a copy of their site which I installed locally and then disabled all plugins except for Views, the redirect worked correctly.

On their server, they were also being redirected to the dashboard.

I'm still waiting for them to perform the same test on their own server—they had disabled all plugins except for the WordFence security plugin, and I need to verify whether that is involved or not.

As your debug info is empty I can't see what you have installed.

Could you please try the same test. Disable everything except Views, and switch to a different theme such as twentynineteen so that no custom code is running, and then try your login again.

Let me know what you find.

Hi Nigel,

I disabled all plugins except Toolset and Wordfence.
No change
I tried the theme twenty twenty - no change.

Nigel
Supporter

Perhaps you misunderstood. The one thing from the other thread that I didn't eliminate was WordFence.

I need to confirm whether the issue still happens when WordFence is disabled.

I didn't know you had WordFence installed, but now that I do, it looks like the one thing in common between the two sites experiencing this problem.

I'm not too familiar with WordFence, so if you find that disabling it fixes the redirection problem, then perhaps you could have a quick look through your settings to see if you can identify one that may interfere in the login redirect.

In any case, thanks for your feedback so far, please let me know what happens when disabling WordFence.

I just deactivated Wordfence, but it still is not working.

I even replaced the code from my .htaccess file and checked - it does not work either.

The funny thing is - I have wordfence working with the same redirect on another site - and it works.
So I don't know why it doesn't work on this site.

Nigel
Supporter

Could you share your wp-config.php file with me?

If you paste a link to dropbox or similar here it will be private.

Nigel
Supporter

Also, could you double-check your debug.log to see if there are any PHP warnings that may illuminate this?

hidden link

I do not have a debug.log - and when trying to activate it in wp-config.php the system won't let me resave the file....

Nigel
Supporter

Nothing untoward in your wp-config.php, though it is very strange that you cannot edit it.

In any case, could I get credentials to take a look at the backend of your site?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 14.27.56.png

It looks like a question of the protocol, your redirect parameter uses http:// but the site is https://

This doesn't make any difference - I already checked it.

Nigel
Supporter

It seems to be related to the redirect you have from norimberg.de to hidden link

Given that we are already on hidden link I changed the URL redirect parameter to hidden link (you had norimberg.de) and tested it on the front-end, and now it appears to work.

If you wanted to redirect to norimberg.de instead (although this automatically redirects to hidden link, so I don't suppose that is the case), it may be that you would have to add norimberg.de to the Safe Redirects setting at Toolset > Settings > Front-end content.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.