Skip Navigation

[Closed] Users cannot access their own posts

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I created a Custom Post Type with Types and I a custom role. I set the CPT to be managed with Access and I granted Read, Edit Own, Delete Own and Publish permissions to the custom role.

When a user within that role tries and access a custom post that he created he gets a "404 Not found" message. If remove the CPT from Access control, the user can access the post.

Any hint?

Just to add a few more details, the user can access the archive of custom posts but he cannot access single custom posts.

I also tried recreating custom post type and custom role from scratch, no luck.

Dear mirko,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, and I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost, please check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Types and Access plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to word press default theme, and test again

3) enable PHP debug mode, copy/paste the debug logs here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/
PHP Debugging

In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).

The topic ‘[Closed] Users cannot access their own posts’ is closed to new replies.