Skip Navigation

[Resolved] username in edit user form can’t be removed

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to remove the username field from a registration form.

Solution:
The username is required by WordPress, and you are right, it is read-only. It can't be changed in WordPress once it is created.

In Toolset forms, you can choose to auto-generate the username, that will allow you to remove the field from the form. Check this screenshot http://prntscr.com/tal54z
But you will have to switch to expert mode to do that.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

username in Toolset user edit form can't be removed. if you look at the WordPress admin console, the username is read only. Can I remove username or set it to read only?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The username is required by WordPress, and you are right, it is read-only. It can't be changed in WordPress once it is created.

In Toolset forms, you can choose to auto-generate the username, that will allow you to remove the field from the form. Check this screenshot hidden link
But you will have to switch to expert mode to do that.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

The tickbox name "Auto-generate Username" makes user confuse. I don't know what it functions by just reading the name.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.