Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Username autofill in Contact Us page

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2018-02-21_16-20-32.png

Hello, dear experts can you please help with this question:

I have Contact Us page here (which is CRED content form, creating CPT's) - hidden link

Is it possible to autofill fields Username \ Email \ Phone from user masted data account (user - meta)?

Hi Dmitry,

I am Antonio and I will be happy to help you out with your issue.

I am afraid that this is not possible to do with our plugin, autofill the fields is a browser feature, the user has to at least fill the form once in order for the browser to store the data.

You could use javascript to store the data (after the first time the user fills the form) and then reuse it, but as I said this is a browser related feature, our plugin cannot do that.

Here a link that can help you if you want to use Javascript:
hidden link

Hope that helps!

Antonio

Sorry, may be I was little unclear, but it seems to me that there is nothing special to get a name for a word-press LOGGED-IN user and put it in a Toolset contact-form field by default and also email.. You don't need browser memory, you need just to get user - name from wp?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello dmitryK-2,

Sorry for the late response as Antonio is busy with other tasks. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket and try to help you further. Hope this is OK.

Well - as you mentioned this is contact form, I would like to know here, is contact form will be accessible only to loggedin users - if Yes: then Yes, we can autofill the info based on loggedin user info.

If form is open to all users (without loggedin) then I would like to know how you want to manage this ?

Dear Minesh, of course I need a solution only for loggedin users. Guests have to fill it manually.

Form will be available for everyone in a site.

Thank you & waitng for reply!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok great - You need to write custom shortcode that return the usermeta values of loggedin user.

Could you please try to use shortcode [wpv-current-user]:

For example and try to assign this shortcode to value attribute of your CRED form:

[wpv-current-user info="firstname"]
[wpv-current-user info="email"]

More info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-current-user

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.