Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User with Editor role can't moderate comments on a post type managed by Access

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ashleighP 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-moderate-comments-of-post-types-managed-by-types-access/

This is an old thread but it seems like the same problem has popped back up. In Access, the editor is supposed to have the ability to moderate comments. But when he tried to moderate a comment, none of the links were there (Approve, Reply, Spam, etc...)

I'd be happy to provide debug info but I can't find a link for it in Toolset 2.0.

Forgot to mention that he was able to moderate comments again when I turned off Access management.

Where in Access did you decide to allow somebody to manage or otherwise handle Comments?

Access does not provide this feature.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/managing-wordpress-admin-capabilities-access/

I tried to replicate your issue, but even controlling a certain Post Type with Access, as a Editor, I can fully control the comments.

As mentioned, Access does not provide a setting for "Comment" in the Access Control.

Can you elaborate on how to replicate the problem?

Access isn't managing the comments directly. It's the post type.

I have a post type called Podcast. With Access managing the Podcast post type, a user with the Editor role could view but couldn't manage comments on any Podcast post. When I unchecked the Manage with Access box for the Podcast post type, he could manage comments again.

I went through the whole deactivate/activate each plugin one by one and Access was the one causing the issue.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-07 um 15.03.43.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-07 um 15.02.29.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-07 um 15.02.15.png

It depends on what settings you have for the Editor on that Post Type.

See my Screenshots, for the Default Access Settings on an Editor Role for Custom Post Types.
The Comment ScreenShots are taken from the point of View of a Editor.

Probably your Editor not only can not edit Comments but also other contents.

As I mentioned, Access does not allow control over Comments.
Therefore, Comments of Post are inheriting its Post's Access Rules.

Can you elaborate with ScreenShots on your problem, in case it's different?

Well, I don't know what changed in the last two weeks but it seems to have fixed itself.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.