Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User Registration Email Verification + 2 factor Authentication

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

Hi There, Good Morning.

After my users register, I want it to be mandatory that they verify by clicking a link sent to their email (This should rule out any usage of someone else's email id by fraud or prank users)

A more basic question I have is, (And am sure I have missed some step) I am developing the site on localhost. I set up new User Registration fields. I made a user form. I put it in a page. I tested the form by filling out the fields and hitting submit. Then I checked my email if I had recieved the username and password. For some reason I could not find the email, not in my inbox or in my social or promotion or spam inboxes. Do I need to setup some SMTP?

I also want to include a 2 factor authentication system. Was wondering, how far in this process, should I use toolset and then next integrate some other 2 factor plugin.

Thank You.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - There is no such feature available with Toolset Forms but you can achieve something similar (not exactly you will required) by letting users register with an auto-generated password.

Then you can use the Toolset Forms email notification to send an email notification with their password to their registered email ID.

More info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/

Just to let you know the feature you demanded to have the a confirmation link on email is already filed but there is no ETA on it.

A more basic question I have is, (And am sure I have missed some step) I am developing the site on localhost. I set up new User Registration fields. I made a user form. I put it in a page. I tested the form by filling out the fields and hitting submit. Then I checked my email if I had recieved the username and password. For some reason I could not find the email, not in my inbox or in my social or promotion or spam inboxes. Do I need to setup some SMTP?
==> Yes, please check and configure your SMTP settings.

I also want to include a 2 factor authentication system. Was wondering, how far in this process, should I use toolset and then next integrate some other 2 factor plugin.
==> 2 factor auth will not work with email notifications as its not supported.

Hi,

Is there any update on the verification email on user registration?

I can't send the user a raw password, that would violate our security policy.

Thanks in advance!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

@jaime:
- Please open a new ticket with your question to get faster reply on your query.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.