Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User form linked to CRED Commerce User Role

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi there,

I have a CRED User form. This has Commerce enabled (via the check box). It is linked to a product in Woocommerce.

The user fills out the user form, then completes the related purchase.

The problem I have is that WordPress is ignoring the User Role defined in the form and on checkout is assigning the new user as "Customer" rather than "Custom Role".

I need a solution that will allow different user roles to be assigned depending on which form they use.

Many thanks

Paul

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

What if you try to use the Toolset Forms commerce hook "cred_commerce_after_order_completed" and set the required role you wanted to current user:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-commerce-api/#cred_commerce_after_order_completed

Please could you provide the code needed for the hook . I imagine it's fairly simple but not sure myself?

Many thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please try to use the following code and add it to your current theme's functions.php file and try to resolve your issue;

add_action('cred_commerce_after_order_completed', 'func_update_user_role_custom',10,1);
  function func_update_user_role_custom( $data ) {
    if ( isset($data['extra_data'][0]['cred_form_id']) && $data['extra_data'][0]['cred_form_id'] == 9999) {
        $user_id = $data['user_id'];
        $user = get_userdata( $user_id );
        $user->set_role( 'role-slug' );
    }
}

where:
- Please change 9999 with your original Form ID
- please change role-slug with your original role you wanted to assign

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-commerce-api/#cred_commerce_after_order_completed

Minesh
Supporter

Please feel free to mark resolve this ticket 🙂

This creates the folowing error. Is this a BUG with CRED Commerce?

[16-Sep-2019 15:34:50 UTC] PHP Notice: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to int in /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/models/UserForms.php on line 487
[16-Sep-2019 15:34:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/classes/CRED_Commerce_Forms_Meta_Handler.php:52
Stack trace:
#0 /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/classes/event/base.php(36): CRED_Commerce_Forms_Meta_Handler->get_forms_meta_data('cred_meta')
#1 /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/classes/event/onorderchange.php(11): CRED_Commerce_Event_Base->execute()
#2 /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/classes/Form_Handler.php(213): CRED_Commerce_Event_OnOrderChange->execute()
#3 /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/classes/Plugin_Base.php(47): CRED_Commerce_Form_Handler->onOrderChange(Array)
#4 /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/plugins/woocommerce/CRED_Woocommerce.php(195): CRED_Commerce_Plugin_Base->dispatch('_cred_order_sta...', Array)
#5 /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook. in /home/silicondsdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-commerce/classes/CRED_Commerce_Forms_Meta_Handler.php on line 52

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - but I need to check on your install why its showing such error. Can you please share problem URL and access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.