Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Remove email address from Create User Form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to remove the requirement for a standard User email field in a Create User Form. My Form is set to autogenerate the User login (username).

Solution: Removing the email field and the login field will cause problems because Toolset's login autogeneration process expects an email address to be present in the Form submission. The automatic login is created based on the email address, and the software is not designed to support the case where an email address does not exist and login autogeneration is required. You can work around that problem by specifying your own custom unique generated login in a cred_before_save_data hook, but there are some limitations to consider. See the discussion in the following ticket link.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/email-not-required/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svenA-3 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a new user of a certain via toolset form. Registration without email intended.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Christians response: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-user-form-remove-required-email-field/#post-1865003

However, attempt at creating user fails.

Question: when editing form in expert mode, what happens to autogeneration of username and password? Those checkboxes aren't present in toolset form's expert mode, hence I wonder if autogeneration needs to be coded into the expert view?

Question: when editing form in expert mode, what happens to autogeneration of username and password? Those checkboxes aren't present in toolset form's expert mode, hence I wonder if autogeneration needs to be coded into the expert view?
Hi, removing the email field and the login field will cause problems because Toolset's login autogeneration process expects an email address to be present in the Form submission. The automatic login is created based on the email address, and the software is not designed to support the case where an email address does not exist and login autogeneration is required. You can work around that problem by specifying your own custom unique generated login in a cred_before_save_data hook, as explained here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/email-not-required/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.