Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use URL to add videos to form and template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

We have a custom post type that a user uses a post form to add content to our platform.

In the custom post form we have enabled a user to upload a video to the form.

We would like to be able to allow a user to add a link from Youtube or Vimeo and to pull the video through and present it on the front end form. Is this possible and can you enlighten me how to do it please

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not sure to understand what do you mean by "pull the video through"? Do you mean download it from YouTube or Vimeo into your server and serving it from there? This is not easily possible in is probably not accepted by YouTube.
Or do you mean, to store only the URL and then use it in the content templates or views to display an embedded video from YouTube or Vimeo? If this is the case, you can use a URL field instead of a video field.

I hope this helps. Otherwise please elaborate more on what you try to do.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.