Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use Non-Types custom fields of YITH Tickets plugin for Search filters

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Use Non-Types custom fields of YITH Tickets plugin for Search filters

Solution:
To use the non Types field (third-party custom fields) with views you should enable those fields from:
=> Toolset => Settings => Front-end Content => Hidden custom fields

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-third-party-hidden-fields/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umbertoZ 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi, I'm working on a website with WooCommerce and YITH Tickets plugins. I'm building custom single product page and shop page with Toolset.

YITH Tickets adds some custom field to WooCommerce like event "start date", "start time" and "Address" conencted to Google Map. I can display some of theme in my view by this shortcodes:

[wpv-post-field name='_start_date_picker']
[wpv-post-field name='_start_time_picker']

I would like to add also some filters based on this fields on my custom search, but Toolset doesn't display them on the Non-Types fields and I also cannot select them when I try to Add a filter or a query filter.

How can I register them on Toolset?

If it is not possible, is it a solution to copy those fields on product_save to some Toolset custom field? How can I do it?

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - what if you try to check with the Hidden custom fields section?

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-third-party-hidden-fields/

Does the above section help you to locate the missing fields you are searching for?

Yes! This solved the main problem, they are there and now I can manage those fields.

I still have some issue.

I can display _start_date_picker filed by this shortcode:

[wpv-post-field name='_start_date_picker']

But it seems I cannot change the date format as I can do with a Toolset Date field. How can I manage it?

I also tested the date filter, I can set it up, I also set date_format to Y-m-d (the current data format of _start_date_picker), but the search result is "No items found". I also try setting the Query filter to "like", but it still doesn't get any result.

Any suggestion?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Glad to know your original issue is resolved.

I'll split this ticket with your new question. Please feel free to resolve this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.