Skip Navigation

[Resolved] URL CPT & Taxinomie

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have several CPTs:
Hotels, URL = /hotel/article
Restaurants, URL = /restaurant/article
Activities, URL = /activity/article
For EACH CPT I need one filter per city.
I created a taxonomy "destination", my concern is the URL
Currently = destination/place/

MY WORRIES: I want a URL of the type:
/Hotel/location/item
/Restaurant/location/item
/Activity/place/item

To say things differently if unclear, I want the URL to be like the permalink, live example: hidden link
Permalien = Home »Madagascar Hotels» North »Nosy Be» Nosy Lodge
Reason = referencing, I will be able to position myself on each specific search term
But how to do it ?
My concern is the URL, I do not find how to make the taxonomy dependent on the CPT. I tried to replace the taxonomy slug by the source of the CPT but it break the taxinomie

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I read a lot of yout tuto but don't find answer / explication on this, so no documentation following

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, TRIPADVISOR.
We choose on the font page the catéorie "hotel" / "restaurant" /etc... AND the citie. If clic, you go to a url like
hidden link
so /hotel+citie/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Types offers the way you can alter the post type slug by using "Use a custom URL format" under "Rewrite" option, when editing your CPT Please check the following image.
=> hidden link

Any customizations with URL rewrite using place-holders, you need to add rewrite rules and that needs custom programming.

You may try the following plugin if that suits your requirement:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/rewrite/

Following are a few links, which may help you achieve this, please have a look:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/using-wordpress-for-web-application-development-available-features-part-6-url-rewriting-or-routes--wp-34326
- hidden link

For any of your custom URL rewrite requirement, I would suggest contacting our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/consultant/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.