Skip Navigation

[Resolved] URGENT "WordPress caught a fatal error with one of your plugins, Toolset Types"

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

I've just received an email from WordPress.org stating that "WordPress caught a fatal error with one of your plugins, Toolset Types." PLEASE ADVISE what should be done to resolve this. I am currently checking the site for issues.

I am copy-pasting the whole email from WordPress.org below. (Note that the "Error Details" text was truncated as I received it in the email.)

Thanking you in advance,
Patty Ayers

------------------------------------

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a
plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you
with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Toolset Types.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any
visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught
(hidden link) and check
for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard
normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you
safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry
about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error
occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 6 of the file
/home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-otgs-installer-source-factory.php.
Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function
WP_Filesystem() in
/home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-otgs-installer-source-factory.php:6
Stack trace:
#0 /home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/upgrade/class-otgs-installer-upgrade-response.php(128):
OTGS_Installer_Source_Factory->create()
#1 /home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/upgrade/class-otgs-installer-upgrade-response.php(63):
OTGS_Installer_Upgrade_Response->append_site_key_to_download_url('hidden link...',
'vlVJsXACyO', 'toolset', 'hidden link...')
#2 /home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288):
OTGS_Installer_Upgrade_Response->modify_upgrade_response(Object(stdClass))
#3 /home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-includes/plugin.php(208):
WP_Hook->apply_filters(Object(stdClass), Array)
#4 /home/faithi13/faithifyorg/wp-includes/option.php(1815):
apply_filters('pre_set_site_tr...', Object(stdClass), 'upda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Patricia,

This could be an issue with the download of the plugin that you have.

Could you try installing a fresh copy of our types plugin by downloading the zip file from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, and thank you. I have Toolset Types 3.3.1 installed, and a prompt to update to 3.3.2. Is it OK if I just upgrade it that way?

It says "Compatibility with WP 5.2.2 is Unknown", and under Version 3.3.2 Details, it says "Plugin Not Found."

Thanks for clarifying -

Patty

Shane
Supporter

Hi Patricia,

Yes you can update it this way from the prompt there shouldn't be any issues.

Or you can update the plugin by going to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial and then you can update our toolset plugins from there.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you, I've updated the plugin. I haven't found any problems on the site, but since I still have no idea why WordPress detected a fatal error caused by a Toolset plugin, I can't say whether it's resolved or not.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Patricia,

It could've been an issue where the plugin was not updated completely.

Sometimes this can happen where customers are updating there plugin and the server times out while the process is occurring.

It can cause issues like these. It could be what happened in your case. If there are no issues now then I suggest that you mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Except that this happened *before* I updated. Oh well. You can close the ticket. Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

closed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.