Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Urgent: Types not available from WordPress plugin repository

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Francesco 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to install Types plugin.

I visited this URL https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/ and I also tried to install from the plugins admin page inside WordPress dashboard, and I also tried to download the plugin from my member area on wp-types.com

I expected to see the plugin's page or the plugin listed in search results inside WordPress admin, or be able to download the plugin from wp-types.com

Instead, I got this error in plugin's page: "Whoops! We couldn't find that plugin. Maybe you were looking for one of these?". Moreover the download link from wp-types.com doesn't work because it links to hidden link

It looks like for some reason the plugin has disappeared from the WordPress plugin repository.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Dear Francesco,

Could you please give a try once again. I thinks it's back to work again and I do not experience any issue to download.

We just release the new types version 1.8.8. You can download it from:
=> https://toolset.com/download/types/
OR
=> https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/types

I've read that new version 1.8.8 comes with a fix for a XSS vulnerability.
Is that the reason for which the plugin was temporarily removed from WordPress repo?
Is that a critical vulnerability? Should we update all our Types installations to the latest version as soon as possible? Could you provide further info about that?
Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I could not rate it that how much critical the XSS vulnerability issue was but I recommend you to update Types to its latest official release version that will protect you from any possible vulnerability attacks.

Ok. This topic can be marked as resolved. Thank you.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.