Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Urgent – Formatting is lost in blocks editor with Types custom field

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinE-4 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Formatting is lost in blocks editor with Types custom field. Issue was first reported by me here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-content-template-not-rendering-toolset-single-field-block-properly/

I'm sorry but this is a HIGH priority bug to get working as it makes content display unprofessional and unworkable.

Please advise as to when this will be fixed!!??

Detailed description:
As explained in above post, a WYSIWYG field looks fine in block editor but when rendered on the front end all carriage returns are lost. Bold and italics remain but it is all one long paragraph!!! Please fix this asap. I've tried all the blocks with the custom field:
Single Field
Fields and text
Shortcode
Custom Html

And none of them retain the formatting. Weird thing is if I put two blocks in containing the shortcode for the field, the second one works. But I can't seem to find a workaround of this bug.

I've also noticed that when I first create the content template, that it works the first few times (displays with formatting) but then seems to 'break' and lose formatting when I start to edit the template (create blocks etc).

Update: This happens with the post content field too so it's NOT just with custom field!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is a known issue and we already published the page where you can see the workaround to use.

Please try to follow the guidelines given with the following link and try to resolve your issue for now.
=> https://toolset.com/errata/paragraph-tag-is-stripped-in-wysiwyg-loop-items-and-page-builders-generated-content/

For now, I've the only way to share the above workaround and our Devs will be on it. However, I've added your voice to our internal ticket.

Thanks Minesh. This works for now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.