Skip Navigation

[Resolved] uploading custom post types

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi - I am going to create some custom post types with custom fields using Toolset Types. But rather than manually entering data to populate the posts, I want to do this programmatically. Can you tell me if there are any Toolset compatible plugins that provide and API for doing this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Is this data stored somewhere else ? If its in an XML or CSV file then you should be able to import it.

Please provide further details so that I can advise on what to do.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi - The data will be generated by a software program on a non-WordPress server. It can be formatted in any way needed (XML, CSV, etc.). The key thing is that this software program needs to be able to automatically upload it's data to my WP website as custom post type entries. So there would no manual uploading involved. It needs to be done programmatically (server to server). This automatic upload process would also need to be compatible with Types which I will use to set up the customer post types and Views that I will use to display the data as desired on my WP site. The CPT's will have custom fields. Are there any Toolset api's or third-party plugins that can be used for this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gavin,

So once the CPT is created in Types. Now this has to be a manual process to create the custom post type.

However importing the data is purely a wordpress issue unrelated to types in essence.

I'm not sure of an automatic or programatically way to do it but i'm sure it is possible. If your software produces the data then it can be imported.

We have a tutorial on how to import the wordpress data .
https://toolset.com/2018/10/wp-all-imports-integration-with-toolsets-types-fields-and-post-relationships-makes-it-easy-to-import-your-data/

Please let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.