Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upload of the .jfif file type in CRED forms

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewB-7 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi there.

This website is largely aimed at writers. Members can upload images of their book cover to their profile.

It's come to our attention that Amazon have began using the .jfif file type for cover images on their website. I know very little of this filetype, but apparently it stands for JPEG File Interchange Format.

Some sire members have asked that we allow them to upload their cover files in this .jfif format, as they're already required to use it for Amazon and would like to use the same files.

Can you tell me whether this is possible please? And if so, how?

Many thanks for your time,
Andrew.

Hi, I'm not familiar with this file format either but if you provide a sample JFIF file I will gladly run some tests and see what we can do. Please attach a valid JFIF file, or a zip file containing the JFIF file, or a download link where I can find one.

Thanks Christian,

I tried to attach the image file but there was a file extension error. So you can download it from this link:

hidden link

Very best wishes,
Andrew.

It doesn't look like it's supported at this time. By default, I can't even upload this image to the WordPress Media Library. The following custom code will allow you to upload this file format, but then it seems like image display support is inconsistent in forms.

function my_custom_upload_mimes($mimes = array()) {

// Add a key and value for the jfif file type
  $mimes['jfif'] = "image/jpeg";

return $mimes;
}

add_action('upload_mimes', 'my_custom_upload_mimes');

If you'd like to request that we add more robust support for this format, I suggest you create a new ticket using the "Suggest an improvement" option here in the forum. Our team will evaluate the request and consider adding it in a future release.

Thank you so much. I've gone ahead and done this here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/accept-jfif-file-format-for-images/

Very best wishes,
Andrew.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.