Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upload Files/Images to Specific Directory or Filter By Post Type / Post ID

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I'm currently starting only my second WordPress site and my first using Toolset. I'm about to tackle a business directory(custom post type) and the thought of thousands of images related to these businesses clogging the media manager scares me a bit. Having all these images mixed in with the images for standard pages etc would make it very hard to find images(or files) later.

I see users have been asking since at least 2013 for the ability to upload images/files to specific directories matching a post's post type/post id. Is this possible yet?

About 8 months ago, I also saw a post here discussing adding what would be an acceptable solution. This would be the ability to filter images/files by post type and/or post id when browsing the media manager from a post/page. Has this been implemented yet?...

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/image-field-seperate-from-uploads-folder/

I really don't understand how people are building large sites with lots of images without such a feature. How do they find anything in their media manager??

Thanks!

Hi, I don't see that our developers have picked up this ticket and decided to implement it in the next version of Types, so unfortunately I do not have a timeline available for you. That's a great question about how people manage large sites with tons of media. I think that it's a limitation of WordPress, and there are a few plugins out there which are designed to help. I can't speak to the effectiveness or performance of any of those tools, though.

Thanks for the reply, Christian. So, how do we get the developers to implement this? I mean it's clearly not impossible. I have a real estate plugin that stores all its listing images in its own folder /uploads/realtypress so I can't imagine the Toolset team not being able to accomplish the same. Add the ability to automatically delete all attached media/files when deleting posts/pages belonging to specific post types and that would make developing and maintaining large sites sooo much easier!

Hi, a lot of factors influence the developers' decision to add a new feature. We like to provide features our clients will be happy with, so it always helps to have people make the same feature request. Having several requests to make the same feature will increase the overall value of the feature, and can help influence the timeline for delivery.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.