Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upgrading Types from 1.8.11 brother pages issue

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Guillaume 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

OK, we are not understanding each other.

Brother Pages are not Types Relationships and are displayed differently then Parent/ Child Relationships created with Types.

What you do is displaying Child Posts as far I understand by now, and that's not what we explain in the Brother Pages tutorial.
The DOC about Brother pages is NOT talking about many Post types.

In order to avoid any loss of time, and present you excellent support, please can you follow below instructions:

1. You mention this clearly worked with Types 1.8.11
Please revert the Site to that Version so you can send me a "working" site's snapshot

2. If you can not revert that Site, please just send me the Snapshot as-is and I will locally do the reversal and see what is happening.

This will avoid ping pong behavior and we will come to a solution much faster.

To create The snapshot please use the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I am sorry this took so long - I am downloading the package now and will get back at you ASAP

Please add the to your functions.php file of your Theme:

add_action('init', 'toolset_shortcodes_widget');
function toolset_shortcodes_widget(){
    add_filter( 'widget_text', array( Toolset_Object_Relationship::get_instance(), 'record_post_relationship_belongs' ), 0, 1 );
    add_filter( 'widget_text', array( Toolset_Object_Relationship::get_instance(), 'restore_post_relationship_belongs' ), PHP_INT_MAX, 1 );
}

Thank you and sorry for the unusual delay.

Hey,
thanks a lot, it seem to be ok with the shortcode.
strangely, this only works if the widget is placed on top of the sidebar... any idea ?
Guillaume

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.