Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upgrading Types and Views – error with Types: Warning: require_once

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm trying to update Types and Views but I see a message: Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/onthego-resources/loader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/wpcf.php on line 32

Solution: It seems that some files are missing from the Types plugin. Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Types manually using FTP if necessary, then use the automatic update process to update other plugins.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lindsayH 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
firefox_2019-10-23_11-29-27.png

I am trying to: upgrade Toolset Types.

I am receiving this error

Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/onthego-resources/loader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/wpcf.php on line 32

I have disabled ALL plugins and switched to WordPress Twenty Nineteen them. Still a problem.

I have now restored from backup. The image shows the updates I tried to do, and then got the error above.

I tried to update once again and reproduce the error, and the site crashed. I temporarily renamed the types plugin directory to be types-bak to regain access. It appears that you're missing some files in the Toolset Types plugin directory. Not exactly sure how that happened (maybe an incomplete update or file transfer between servers?), but I logged in with SFTP using the credentials you supplied and checked the file system for the types-bak directory. Types 3.3.5 should contain a directory at wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/onthego-resources/
However, that directory was missing on the server, hence the problems with automatic updates.

I downloaded a clean copy and tried to upload that zip file, but the upload system would not accept it and I got the "Link you have followed has expired" message. That is usually an issue with maximum file size uploads. So I am in the process of transferring the Types plugin files with FTP. It will take longer, but it gets around the maximum file size for uploads. I'll update you when the FTP process has completed.

FTP is complete and I have reactivated Types. I have also updated Views using the automatic updater, and saw no errors there. Can you check the site for obvious issues and let me know?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.