Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upgrading from Toolset Maps 2.9.1 to 2.9.4 has caused the map styles to not work

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emilyT 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Upgrade from Toolset Maps 2.9.1 to 2.9.4

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The map styles are set to Silver which was previously working.

Instead, I got: Now it is showing the Standard styles. I've tried switching between the style options but nothing makes a difference.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Emily,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From the source code, it seems some of the map resources are being loaded through a different domain ( hidden link ) than the page itself ( hidden link ).

Was this website migrated/transferred from a different domain? If it was, can you please share exactly how it was done?

It would also be a good idea to clear all involved caches and test the map again with all extra ( non-Toolset ) plugins disabled, temporarily.

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details for further troubleshooting.

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Well spotted! Yes, the site I'm working on is a copy of the live site. I created it using the Updraft plugin. I'll see if I can fix the link and come back to you if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Cheers, Emily

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You're very welcome Emily.

Please let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance around this.

Good luck!

I need to do some more troubleshooting myself. I'll open a new ticket if I can't find a solution. Thanks for your help.

Hi Waqar

I've had a go at making another copy of the site I'm troubleshooting using a different method, but the map skins are still pointing at the original domain: hidden link

<div id="js-wpv-addon-maps-render-map-5" style="width:100%; height:610px;" class="wpv-addon-maps-render js-wpv-addon-maps-render js-wpv-addon-maps-render-map-5" data-map="map-5" data-generalzoom="5" data-generalcenterlat="0" data-generalcenterlon="0" data-fitbounds="on" data-singlezoom="14" data-singlecenter="on" data-maptype="roadmap" data-showlayerinterests="false" data-markericon="//www.barrellsculpture.co.uk/bswp/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/map-marker.png" data-markericonhover="//www.barrellsculpture.co.uk/bswp/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/map-marker-hover.png" data-draggable="on" data-scrollwheel="on" data-doubleclickzoom="on" data-maptypecontrol="on" data-fullscreencontrol="off" data-zoomcontrol="on" data-streetviewcontrol="on" data-backgroundcolor="" data-cluster="off" data-clustergridsize="60" data-clustermaxzoom="" data-clusterclickzoom="on" data-clusterminsize="2" data-stylejson="//www.barrellsculpture.co.uk/bswp/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/json/Silver.json" data-spiderfy="on" data-streetview="off" data-markerid="" data-location="" data-lat="0" data-long="0" data-heading="" data-pitch=""></div>

Could you advise me on how I can make a copy that also updates the domain for the map elements please?

Many thanks, Emily

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.