Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating WooCommerce Blocks Breaks Layouts

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot.jpg

I updated WooCommerce Blocks on our site, and it broke the layouts built in Toolset Layouts for single Product pages and archives. I noticed that the WooCommerce Blocks setting screen disappears from the admin sidebar in WordPress, and moved within the main Toolset Settings area. I can only assume that the functionality that allows us to choose between the WooCommerce default template and the WooCommerce Views template is being disabled, because the setting doesn't even appear under the WooCommerce Blocks tab as seen in the attached image.

The page(s) in question can be found here: hidden link

Currently, I have the WooCommerce Blocks plugin dialed back to version 2.9.4, as this is a production site and I can't afford to have the primary means of monetization on the site looking borked.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked with the duplicator you shared - I installed the duplicator on my local machine and updated ALL Toolset plugins to latest version and when I visit the product pages I see its working as expected.

Am I missing anything here?

screenshot2.jpg

This is what I'm getting when I update to the latest version of WooCommerce Blocks.

It loads the default Divi header and footer areas, which are not styled to match the design spec.

screenshot2.jpg

[Edited] Sorry about the duplicate reply. The forum didn't immediately show my post.

Minesh
Supporter

We checked and we found that the header is generated using the custom plugin looks like "WeCreate Core" whose author is WeCreate.

Can you please share more details about how you are adding header and footer using that plugin?

The header is actually being pulled in from Divi's Theme Builder. As far as I'm aware the code that exists in the weCreate Core plugin shouldn't be affecting the header and footer layouts in any meaningful way. I didn't personally write the plugin however, but I do know we've dialed back what it's accomplishing by pushing most custom functionality into the functions.php for easier use and modification.

Here's what it's currently doing, in this version of the plugin, based on what the wecreate-core.php file's comments tell me:

• Ensures that the child theme's stylesheet(s) retain(s) priority over plugins and parent theme files
  • Hide the Toolset Types Info Table on Post Edit Screens for non-admins, based on a WP Permission
  • Hide Toolset's Frontend Visual Builder based on a WP Permission (we don't use this feature as we're using Divi to build pages)
  • Load a shortcode library with shortcodes that we use on a regular basis
  • Footer bar branding customizations (effectively not being used as a result of the Divi Theme Builder)
  • Hide WordPress Dashboard Screen Options by default that users don't use as often
  • Put the Yoast SEO widget below the Divi Builder editor

I wouldn't know first hand if any of these functions are causing any kind of layout conflicts, however, disabling the plugin will result in breakage because the custom styles will all have been disconnected/lose priority.

Minesh
Supporter

Please allow me to escalate this issue to our next level support. Please hold on for further updates.

Great, thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Our next level support it checking this. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

Our next level support checked the issue and found that when we disable the custom plugin "WeCreate Core" and check the header with both WooCommerce Blocks plugin version 2.9.4 and the latest stable version - the header is broken but we do not find any difference.

Having said that updating WooCommerce Blocks plugin to the latest version 3.1 makes absolutely no difference to the custom Divi header, the problem only occurs when using your custom plugin and as per our support policy we do not offer support for such custom edits as its beyond the scope of our support policy.

If you want I can offer you a brand new sandbox site where you can show me that divi header is broken using WooCommerce Blocks plugin version 3.1 but without any custom plugin added or any customization, and there is no other user reported such issue .

I'll just have to try and port the functionality that we do use on this site from the plugin into the functions.php from here. Please leave this ticket open while I troubleshoot on my end. Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - fine. The ticket will be open for one week.

screenshot.jpg

You don't have to be so curt about it. I'm legitimately trying to find a solution to our problem, so if you wish to not continue with this thread, please pass this ticket along to another agent.

So I ran some tests in a completely separate staging environment with a Divi child theme that doesn't include any dependencies on the "weCreate Core" plugin. This staging environment is located at hidden link and it has the same issue even though the plugin is not installed.

Just like the IV Center site, the global header and footer areas are built in Divi's Theme Builder, and just like the IV Center site, Divi's default header area overrides the custom one I built in the Theme Builder for WooCommerce single product page and archive layouts.

In this situation, I even deleted the footer.php file from the child theme, so the footer area actually doesn't even show up.

As a reminder, this problem only occurs with WooCommerce single product layouts and archives, and does not occur on any other post type layouts built with Toolset Layouts.

Please refer to the attached image for what the header area is supposed to look like (left).

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello there! Minesh will be on vacation for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

The website that you have provided is not reachable for me. Check this screenshot hidden link
Can you please reproduce this issue on this test site hidden link

Please note that either Minesh or any other supporter will not provide further support if we determine that the issue is caused by a custom code. If, on the other hand, the custom code is minimal enough to demonstrate that the issue comes from Toolset we are committed to fixing it and supporting you.

Oops, looks like I provided the wrong domain. hidden link

Mixing up my domains here. My apologies.

I understand, and will try and reproduce the same issue on the test site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.