Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating Toolset Blocks or Forms Breaks the Design

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user's homepage template has lost its design after updating Toolset plugins

Solution:
It turns out to be an issue with the caching plugin which was enqueuing the Toolset Javascript code too late. The Toolset Javascript code is needed to apply the content template's block styles.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by albertB-4 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screencap-2.jpeg
Screencap-1.jpeg

I am trying to: update Toolset Blocks and Forms

I expected to see: my homepage as I had designed it (see Screencap 1)

Instead, I got: all my blocks broken (see Screencap 2)

Toolset Types and Access updated without issue. I couldn't update the plugins on my staging site due to a different error, so I've been forced to troubleshoot it on the live site (having to restore constantly).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist you with this issue, I'd like to take a copy of your website and perform the update locally to analyze what does happen after updating the plugins. I will be using the Duplicator plugin or the All In One Migration plugin to take the copy.

I have also noticed that you have a staging site at /staging. Can I update the plugins there and check?

Hello Jamal, thank you for your response. I'm afraid the plugins don't update on my staging site at all, so that doesn't work.

Yes, you may duplicate the site for this purpose. Thank you for your assistance!

Jamal
Supporter

I took a copy of your website and build it locally. I get the same issue after updating Toolset plugins. The issue seems to come from the WP-Optimize plugin because as soon as I deactivated it, the design does not break anymore.

I tried purging the cache, renaming the cache folders, altering settings, switching themes in order to purge the cache, but nothing works. The only setting that worked is disabling Javascript deferring. Check this screenshot hidden link

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

WhatItShouldLookLike.png
Backend.jpg
FrontEnd.png

Thank you very much! Disabling Javascript deferring fixes the design issue. But now, a different problem persists: my views that show intermediate posts no longer display. They are fine in the block builder but just don't show in the frontend...see screenshots for what it normally looks like, the backend, and after the plugin update.

I tried to figure out what was causing this, but had to restore from a backup again. Maybe you can find the source of this? Other views are working fine, like the "Presse" for example.

Jamal
Supporter

I can check this issue on the copy that I took. Can you tell me where is this view used? In a content template or in a page? Can you share a screenshot that includes the URL so, I can know where the view is used?

The views are used in "Show" and "Creator" custom posts like this one: hidden link
It is many different views that all seem to have the same issue. I think it has something to do with intermediate posts.

The content templates are "Template for Creators" and "Template for Shows".

Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have created a new ticket to handle the issue with the content template's views. I'll be posting my reply there.

Thank you for bearing with me in this issue and figuring out the setting that caused it! The first issue is resolved now, I will check the new ticket for the new one.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.