Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating to WordPress 5.4.2 breaks Content Templates

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has lost content templates assignment after the last update. The content template does not appear on the list of content templates too.

Solution:
Take a backup, and then run the "Set language information" in WPML->Suppot->Troubleshooting page. Read this article about troubleshooting actions in WPML.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonB-5 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 15.13.31.png
Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 15.11.16.png
Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 15.10.19.png
Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 15.07.54.png

After updating WordPress to 5.4.2, I am finding a number of issues with Content Templates.

1. Saving a CPT post in wp-admin removes the connection with a content template that was previously assigned.
2. No content templates are available to select in the CPT Post wp-admin editing screen.
3. No Content Templates appear under the 'Name' tab in wp-admin > Toolset > Content Templates, which means I am unable to access any that aren't assigned to a CPT, a Post Archive or a Taxonomy Archive.

Issue can be found by going to edit any single Event page in wp-admin.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The issue on your point(3) is causing both issues on (1) and (2).
As you can see on your screenshot (Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 15.10.19.png), there are 31 published content templates, but none appears. This is most probably caused by missing WPML language information on content templates.

First of all, I hope you have a backup of before the update to be able to recover your website in the worst scenario.

Then, I'll suggest taking another backup, and then running the "Set language information" in WPML->Suppot->Troubleshooting page. Read this article about troubleshooting actions in WPML https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/

I would have run the action my self, but I need to make sure we have a backup as you can see on the WPML troubleshooting page.

I hope this helps. Otherwise, I might need to take a copy of your website for local debugging, or probably the before-update backup.

Looking forward to your reply.

That appears to have fixed the issue, thanks Jamal!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.