Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating Legacy plugins

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by webD-3 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

When I go to /wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=commercial in all my sites, I no longer see Views and Layouts in the plugin list, even on sites where these plugins are active.

Also, the main Plugins page does not indicate that there are newer versions of these two plugins available.

Last week I had a support request regarding one of my sites and Toolset Support advised me to download Views directly from toolset.com and install it manually. Is this now the required method of updating these legacy plugins, or is there still a means by which I can be notified that new versions are available and also do a one-click upgrade from within WordPress?

If the answer is yes, that manual upgrades are now required, is it possible to uninstall Views and install Blocks instead, without having to make any changes to the Views that are already set up?

Thank you for your time.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The legacy plugins can be found here.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

Is this now the required method of updating these legacy plugins, or is there still a means by which I can be notified that new versions are available and also do a one-click upgrade from within WordPress?

Yes that is correct as the legacy plugins are no longer available for download through the installer. They will need to be updated manually.

If the answer is yes, that manual upgrades are now required, is it possible to uninstall Views and install Blocks instead, without having to make any changes to the Views that are already set up?

Yes you can replace views with blocks and you won't lose any of your work. Views and Blocks are the same plugins. The only difference is that blocks comes with the Block editor enabled by default.

This can be changed in the settings by going to Toolset -> Settings -> Editing Experience.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane, thank you. I'm glad I asked.

If there was an announcement that the Legacy plugins would no longer trigger notifications when updates were available, I missed it.

I'll make a note to check in from time to time to see if there is a Layouts update (for the few sites that I built in Layouts a few years ago when Toolset was encouraging developers to use it).

I'll also try to get the sites using Views switched over to Blocks, so that it's only Layouts that I'll have to keep track of.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.