Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating failed. Error message: The response is not a valid JSON response.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by obnova 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2.JPG
Snímka.JPG

I have same problem but without woocommerce.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/updating-failed-error-message-the-response-is-not-a-valid-json-response/#post-1461451

Toolset is installed on fresh wordpress. I have enabled only toolset plugins and i try to choose default wordpress theme. Same error when save.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange and I see as you are only using Toolset plugins, it should work without any issues.

Would you mind to share temporary admin access details so I can troubleshoot this further?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

[Thu Jan 16 09:33:16.794151 2020] [:error] [pid 110675] [client 103.75.126.250:65440] PHP Notice: map_meta_cap bola volan\xc3\xa1 nespr\xc3\xa1vne. Typ obsahu view-template nie je zaregistrovan\xc3\xbd, a preto bude overenie sp\xc3\xb4sobilosti "edit_post" vo\xc4\x8di tak\xc3\xa9muto typu obsahu nespo\xc4\xbeahliv\xc3\xa9. Pros\xc3\xadm pozrite si <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/">Debugovanie vo WordPress</a> pre viac inform\xc3\xa1ci\xc3\xad. (T\xc3\xa1to spr\xc3\xa1va bola pridan\xc3\xa1 vo verzii 4.4.0.) in /var/www/html/obnova.sk/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4986, referer: hidden link
[Thu Jan 16 09:34:47.137918 2020] [:error] [pid 110108] [client 103.75.126.250:49296] script '/var/www/html/index.php' not found or unable to stat, referer: hidden link
[Thu Jan 16 09:34:53.350280 2020] [:error] [pid 110448] [client 103.75.126.250:49338] script '/var/www/html/index.php' not found or unable to stat, referer: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see the issue on your install. Can I install Duplicator plugin on your site and get the duplicator package?
0r
You can send me a duplicator copy of your site.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

OK, install it. But keep the data sefe please...

Minesh
Supporter

In that case, I would recommend that you should take the full backup of your site and send me a duplicator package in order to eliminate any possible issue while creating a package.

You can send me a duplicator copy of your site.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Do that please. I have backup now.

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks, I installed the duplicator plugin but as there are no write permissions on your server the duplicator plugin requirements fail.

Is shows the following report:

Fail   [/var/www/html/your-domain.sk/wp-snapshots]
Fail   [/var/www/html/your-domain.sk/wp-snapshots/tmp]
Warn   [/var/www/html/your-domain.sk/]

If the root WordPress path is not writable by PHP on some systems this can cause issues.
If Duplicator does not have enough permissions then you will need to manually create the paths above.  

Can you please grant permission so that I can create the duplicator package.

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks, I installed the duplicator plugin but as there are no write permissions on your server the duplicator plugin requirements fail.

Is shows the following report:

Fail   [/var/www/html/your-domain.sk/wp-snapshots]
Fail   [/var/www/html/your-domain.sk/wp-snapshots/tmp]
Warn   [/var/www/html/your-domain.sk/]

If the root WordPress path is not writable by PHP on some systems this can cause issues.
If Duplicator does not have enough permissions then you will need to manually create the paths above.  

Can you please grant permission so that I can create the duplicator package.

OK i made changes to file and folders permission.

Minesh
Supporter

So, this is really strange. I deploy the duplicator on my site and the same content template when I make any changes and click on the update button works just fine. With your site installed on my localhost, I am not able to reproduce the issue with the same content template.

On your site, when I click on the Update button, I see the following request which says "Not Found"

POST <em><u>hidden link</u></em> 404 (Not Found)

And on my local test install, when I click on the Update button to update the content template, I see the request runs successfully.

<em><u>hidden link</u></em> [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 2757ms]

Do you have any restrictions on API requests or any other security blocks that are not allowing the request to process on your server? Can you please just crosscheck with your server hosting authority?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Dear Michal,

I see you marked the ticket resolved. Did you found the solution yourself or your hosting authority help you to fix this issue? Would you mind to share the solution with us?

Hi,
it was: Wordfence plugin.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.