Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating child layout's page disconnects its layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gaborG 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author

I have a parent layout with a child layout, the child being assigned to a single page.
Every time I edit and update the child page itself, its child layout gets removed from it, the layout is no longer assigned to this page.
I'm not sure if this is an issue, or it was meant to be this way and I just don't understand its purpose.

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

Can you check that Layouts is updated to 1.3 ?

This issue you describe should be solved by at least Layouts 1.2

But please make sure it's the latest stable Layouts version you are using.

The issue you experience is not related to Parent/Child Layouts but to how Layouts is assigned to a Page
(it happens only in Pages, not in Posts, as example)
If I understand correctly, you can assign a layout to a page, but after editing/saving it, the layout gets removed, correct?

That was reported time ago and should be fixed.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you understood correctly.
I have the latest Layouts and this issue apparently wasn't resolved.

Thanks for the Details

I tried it with my Custom theme where we initially found and solved that issue, and it's working correctly on my end.

May I ask, do you use a custom theme with my "elaborated" Layouts Integration PHP code?

Can you elaborate me the exact steps to reproduce this, and eventually grant me temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

I changed my theme to the Toolset Bootstrap theme what you provided, and now this issue is gone. The previous theme was a child theme from the _s (Underscore S), you might want to check if you'll encounter this problem if you use that. Otherwise it's fine now.