Skip Navigation

[Closed] Updated Views to 2.1.1 3x, says updated then comes back + says update again

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marine Larmier 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Marine Larmier.

Author
Screen shot 2016-08-16 at 5.43.05 PM.png
Screen shot 2016-08-16 at 5.43.14 PM.png

I have followed prompt to update Views to 2.1.1 three times. Each time it says "updated," and then a couple of minutes later the "update plugin" message comes back.

Again, I have updated Views 2.1.1 three times. EAch time is says the plugin has been updated, and then says it's back to 2.1 and needs to be updated.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching Toolset support, we are happy to help you.

Your screenshots and the debug information provided are very useful, thank you for submitting them. It seems that your update is not permanent, we will investigate to find the source of it.

1. In the new version of Views 2.1.1 there are some minimum requirements to make it work properly:

- WordPress 3.4–4.6
- PHP 5.3 and above (including PHP 7)
- MySQL 5.6 and above
- 128MB RAM

From your debug info, it seems that you are using MySQLVersion 5.5.46. Would you mind to udpate your current version to 5.6 or above ?

Let me know the results after this update.

2. Also, if you try to deactivate the plugin Views and reactivate it, then update it again, does that work ? *important* You may want to do a quick back-up of your site + database just in case of.
Does that change anything ?

3. Also let’s try in a minimal environment in case of there are some issue of compatibility:
*important* Please back-up your site or at least your database before continuing.
The idea now, is to check if this update issue appears when you WordPress is back to a minimal environment.

Let's test if the issue appears when:

- All non Toolset Plugins are disabled. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Your Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.
Please let me know your results.

If all of that does not work I want to inform you that a next version of Toolset will be available next week, that might fix the bug.

All the best,

Marine

The topic ‘[Closed] Updated Views to 2.1.1 3x, says updated then comes back + says update again’ is closed to new replies.