Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Update Taxonomy via AJAX on the front end + jQuery Draggable

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi there,

We're trying to render a custom post type on the front end, and on the front end - using jQuery UI's 'Draggable' feature + AJAX we'd like to update our CPTs' taxonomy.

We're using something like 4 views (taxonomy parent views with nested CPT views), so instead of posting all of that, we've made a stripped-down HTML/JS version here: hidden link

In that fiddle, everything that is 'stage-*' is a taxonomy that is pulled/generated via Types/Views. When the class of an 'item-contact ' element changes, we would like to update the taxonomy of that item via AJAX.

We're still in the process of finding a solution on how to do this and are more than happy to furnish more information if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

CRED, our Front End Edit Plugin, does not support any AJAX or JS form submits.

I unterstand you want to update the Posts taxonomies with AJAX.

That is not possible with any of the Toolset Plugins, although you can use a JS Custom Code to submit a CRED Form via AJAX, but there are limitations.

I have elaborate on this here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/using-ajax-to-handle-a-page-with-multiple-sub-cred-forms/#post-341443

But this is not a Draggable feature.
This implementation that you try to achieve there, would require that you pass the new (dragged) Taxonomies to your CRED Form field for taxonomies.

But please acknowledge, that this is custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

If I did misunderstand you, please don't hesitate to inform me in regard.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.