Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Update of Views to 2.0 causes some term meta-data to disappear.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After update to Views 2.0, certain Views were "Post is set by current post" was chosen in the Query filter, do not return any results

Solution:
Head to the View in question and save the correct setting again, which now will be defaulted to "Current page" instead of "current Post"

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/errata/taxonomy-term-filter-current-post-not-work-updating/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to correct an issue with the way my views display. They display correctly before the update, but now are not displaying correctly.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link
(I expected to see the activities displaying correctly, but instead I get a "No amenities available" message.)

The staging website contains the newest version of the plugin. The other website is the live version with the older plugin.

FYI, the term-meta icons only disappear on the parametric search portion of the website. When looking at the same basic feed run through the wordpress archive, the icons display as expected. hidden link
They also display correctly when using the same view on an individual page: hidden link
But they remain broken on the parametric search view section.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-13 um 15.25.54.png

This Views is displaying a Taxonomy View, right?

There has been a glitch in Views.

We added a option in the Taxonomy Views:
"Set by the page where this View is inserted"

Every View that previously had set "Set by the current post", will now default to that above new setting.

Head to the View, change the setting, and all should be fine again.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience.

Great. Thanks for the simple and accurate response. It appears that the problem is now resolved. Thanks as always.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.