Skip Navigation

[Resolved] update broke homepage

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's homepage is not displaying correctly after activating our Views plugin.

Solution:
The issue was that you had the homepage assigned to an empty content template.

If this occurs with your I would recommend going to the edit page and checking to ensure that the page isn't assigned to a content template that is empty.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonw-2 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I haven't updated views in a while and now my homepage is not showing any content whatsoever, besides the header and footer. When I deactivate views, everything shows back up on the homepage that is supposed to be there except the views themselves. Any help would be awesome. 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jason,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The issue was that you had the homepage assigned to an empty content template here hidden link

I went ahead and set the homepage template to none so it should be using your elementor template again.

Thanks,
Shane

That was fast! \m/

How do you think that happened? Do you think it was an Elementor update that changed that setting or something else that automatically changed it?

Thanks, Shane!!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jason,

What could've happen what that you might have clicked a create template by accident in the admin bar section.

Thanks,
Shane

Toolset support continues to amaze me, even after all these years on how quick and professional you all are.

I appreciate the help, Shane! Have a great one!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.