Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unresponsive and stick Field Group

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Get PHP errors when using Toolset Types plugin 3.3.11.

Solution:

This is a known issue, there is a hot fix in below erratum:

https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-in-image-optimisation-plugins-when-using-types-3-3-11/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AlimB3245 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: I have a custom field group called Admin, which has 3 fields and it's applied to multiple custom post types.. Any updates or changes to this does not seem to get updated and saved

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Changes applied on Update wherever this custom field group is applied

Instead, I got: No changes applied

Hello,

Please elaborate the questions with more details:
Any updates or changes to this does not seem to get updated and saved
I have enabled the private message box, you can provide your website credentials in it, also point out:
- Where and how can I see the problem you mentioned above?

Did you get any PHP/JS errors from your website?

field-groups.JPG

I have tried below steps in your website:
1) Edit field group
hidden link
In field "ID", input box "description", add below text:
(here added something ....)

2) Add a "Opticians" post:
hidden link
I can see above text without any problem, see my screenshot: field-groups.JPG

Is there anything missing? Please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem:
Any updates or changes to this does not seem to get updated and saved

Thanks

Hu Luo

My apologies for not being clear...:-)..

I think you are trying to edit the custom field as an administrator.. but my issue is updating the Fields as a wordpress regular user..

Please edit an optician and in the Admin ID put in a number and choose a subscription package and then try to save the Post.. these updates are not getting saved/updated.

Hope that would help you understand my issue.. feel free to get back in case it's still not clear.

Regards,
Alim

500-error.JPG

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem you mentioned above, and when I try to edit and save a "optician" post, I see below 500 errors in my Chrome browser, see screenshot 500-error.JPG

There should be some PHP errors in your website, please get the PHP debug logs, more help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging
section "PHP Debugging"

Hi Luo

I've added the 3 lines in my wp-config.php

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

and I am not sure what next to do.. please advise..

Regards,
Alim

This morning I had some issues with my Toolset Access plugin..

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/new-access-update-causes-site-to-crash/

so I am now using the older version of the Toolset Access plugin.. just sharing this info, just in case it's connected...

Regards,
Alim

You will need to edit the "optician" post again, then check the debug logs file "error_log.txt" in your website root folder, you can also check with your server provider to get the PHP debug logs.

Hi Luo

Here's the dropbox link for the debug.log file

hidden link

In fact.. it's not just this custom field.. even other fields by toolset seem to not work..

the debug file is created automatically in the wp-content/ folder...

Regards,
Alim

Hi Luo

Hope you are doing fine..:-).

Any update on the issue where I can't update the toolset modules? It seem that regular posts can be updated.. this issue seems to be affecting mainly the toolset custom post types..

Please do let me know with any updates you may have on the status of the issue.

Regards,
Alim

php-errors.JPG

The debug logs you provided above does not reflect any information for the 500 errors, since you have provided the FTP access, so I have done below modifications in your website:
1) Edit the wp-config.php, line 89, change it from:
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

To:
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

2) Try to edit a "optician" post again, for example:
hidden link

You should be able to see the a lots of PHP errors in page header, which are from other plugins/theme of your website, see screenshot php-errors.JPG

And you website can not create the PHP debug log file in root folder,
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging
This produces a file error_log.txt in your WordPress root directory
There should be other server issue in your website.

Currently, you will need try to locate the problem plugins/theme, by these:
1) Backup your website first
2) deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, and test again

Hi Luo

Thanks for the update..:-)..

I followed your instructions and was able to trace the guilty plugin.. Smush Pro from WPMU ...

hidden link

I've posted the above ticket on their support channel.. I hope to have some response soon.

Will keep this ticket active just in case I need some help till they resolve it.

Have a nice day..:-)..

P.S. : Nigel too had an issue with Smush Pro's Lazy Load feature in one of my past tickets with toolset where the Slider module was breaking up.. will try to trace it and share with you later..

Regards,
Alim

Are we talking about the same problem as below erratum?
https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-in-image-optimisation-plugins-when-using-types-3-3-11/

Please check if you get the same PHP errors as above URL, there is a hot fix you can try.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.