Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unique Post type. A CPT which only allows one record

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi.

I am tempted by your author upgrade to be able to build themes.

However there is one thing missing I think, and that is the option of being able to create a CPT which is unique.

By that I mean that it is a CPT which only can have a single record.

Say for instance that you will like to create a company setting post type, where the user can enter their company name, address etc.

You will only need one of these records, because this is for the company which the website is for.

Think of it as a settings custom post type, which in some sense are theme related, but can be placed in different layouts because it is a CPT.

I would like to be able to create a CPT which is a one record only CPT or unique for settings purposes etc.

If such unique cpt was possible then you will be able to have dedicated themes where the user only had to configure their company information in the wp-admin.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I understand your concern. Please allow me to consult our developers regarding this and I will get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

You have a point here and I shared your concern to our lead developer and they will take this as a new feature request.

Please note that how this feature they will implement is still under discussion and once it will be decided you will see this feature implemented in near future Toolset based themes release.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm glad to inform you that our developers find the dynamic way to add theme options for Toolset based themes.

Please refer to the following Doc to add theme option for Toolset based theme.
https://toolset.com/2017/04/how-to-add-custom-theme-options-to-a-toolset-based-theme/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.