Skip Navigation

[Resolved] undefined function WP_Installer() /plugins/… /admin/notices.php on line 94.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I'm getting the following error on multiple sites where I use Toolset Types.

PHP Fatal error occurred: Call to undefined function WP_Installer() in /home/.../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94.

I am aware of this error, but only thru reports, and until now, no one was able to tell how to replicate this.
Locally, and on my other sites, and other user's sites, this does not happen.

Some solved the issue by upgrading PHP, others, by re-installing the Plugin, others did never feedback to me.

Can you either tell me exactly how to replicate it or, send me a snapshot of one such site?
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I can then immediately analyse this.

Thank you!

I see. I would not know how I could debug this, as it seems all stored in an external server, that lets you manage your WordPress installs, is that correct?

If so, I need to consult this with my colleagues and we need to come up with some ideas how to debug this issue.

If you could confirm what I suspect, I will immediately take action.

Also what is very important to know is, since when this problem happens.

Since it is a Fatal, and probably your sites are unusable, I need to treat this very urgently but have no real background information yet.
We might need to collaborate tightly here.

For example, could we gain access to your Admin of that service?
Are those Life sites?
Or could you eventually set up a Test site where to see and debug the problem?

I appreciate your kind patience and collaboration!

I'm getting the exact same error on multiple sites running Toolset and had posted about it in this topic: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-uncaught-error-call-to-undefined-function-wp_installer/ but since the topic is now closed, I can't follow up now.

I hope you don't mind me adding my findings here. I've discovered the plugin that is causing this error notice; it is Jetpack, which makes sense since it is mentioned in the Stack trace #6. I first deactivated most of my plugins, then when I reactivated and connected to Jetpack, the error appeared again. With Jetpack acitve, the error occurs frequently, though I'm not sure what triggers it exactly.

Here's the full error notice:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function WP_Installer() in /home/SITE/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php:94
Stack trace:
#0 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php(72): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->screen_any()
#1 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->init_screens(Object(WP_Screen))
#2 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(396): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen))
#5 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(232): WP_Screen->set_current_screen()
#6 /home/chicken/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/sync/class.jetpack-sync-sender.php(128): set_current_screen('sync')
#7 /home/c in /home/chicken/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94

Should I start a new topic to help get this resolved?

Thanks,
Sarah

Since I did not hear back on this issue, I have submitted a new topic in the Professional support forum here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/receiving-frequent-php-fatal-error-on-all-sites-appears-to-be-jetpack-conflict/

Hello @sarahp

This is not a ticket initiated by you, this is why it did not get back to my assigned queue.

I got your ticket from here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/receiving-frequent-php-fatal-error-on-all-sites-appears-to-be-jetpack-conflict/

Thank you for all this information.
I am following up there, and take the chance to ask @lindsays-2 if you could confirm the doubts from here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/undefined-function-wp_installer-plugins-adminnotices-php-on-line-94/#post-570091, and also if you had as well Jetpack installed? Because in the current plugins I do not see it anymore.

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

This error was due to Jetpack performing background synchronizations.

We add a fix for this error in the Types version that has been released yesterday.

Can you update to 2.2.17 and re-check?
The particular error should not exist anymore.

Note that only this particular errors has been addressed.
You may still find errors in CRED screens related to Toolset.
If so, please open a new report for any other kind of error you may find.

Thank you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.