Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Uncaught TypeError associated with Toolset shortcodes in admin

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A JavaScript error in wp-admin is breaking the "Text" tab of an editor panel.

Solution: Update Smush Pro to the latest version to resolve this issue.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alisonC 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I'm not able to open the Text editor in the admin. (I am using the Classic Editor plugin on the site in question.) Clicking on the "Text" tab at the top of the editor does nothing.

Here is the console error info, where the error appears to be related to toolset-shortcode.js. (Sorry for the insane length! Just wanted to be sure you have what you needed.)

Please advise...thank you!

jquery.fancytree.ui-deps.js:449 Uncaught TypeError: this._setOptionDisabled is not a function
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._setOption (jquery.fancytree.ui-deps.js:449)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>.s [as _super] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._setOption (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:75)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>.h.isFunction.a.<computed> [as _setOption] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._create (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:75)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>.h.isFunction.a.<computed> [as _create] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._createWidget (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31)
    at new h.<computed>.<computed> (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2)
_setOption @ jquery.fancytree.ui-deps.js:449
s @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
_setOption @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:75
h.isFunction.a.<computed> @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
_create @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:75
h.isFunction.a.<computed> @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
_createWidget @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
h.<computed>.<computed> @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
(anonymous) @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
each @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2
each @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2
h.fn.<computed> @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
_createTitlebar @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:97
_create @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:97
_createWidget @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
h.<computed>.<computed> @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
(anonymous) @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
h.fn.<computed> @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:31
self.initDialogs @ toolset-shortcode.js?ver=3.5.6:537
self.init @ toolset-shortcode.js?ver=3.5.6:1774
Toolset.shortcodeManager @ toolset-shortcode.js?ver=3.5.6:1919
(anonymous) @ toolset-shortcode.js?ver=3.5.6:1924
i @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2
fireWith @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2
ready @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2
J @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:2

fold @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
getContent @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
save @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
(anonymous) @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=hoverIntent,common,hoverintent-js,admin-bar,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-picker,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-&load[chunk_1]=response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-query,admin-comments,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags&load[chunk_2]=-suggest,tags-box,word-count,wp-sanitize,post,editor-expand,thickbox,wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload&ver=5.3.2:34
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=hoverIntent,common,hoverintent-js,admin-bar,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-picker,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-&load[chunk_1]=response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-query,admin-comments,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags&load[chunk_2]=-suggest,tags-box,word-count,wp-sanitize,post,editor-expand,thickbox,wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload&ver=5.3.2:34
dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:3
r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:3
trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:3
a.event.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:8
triggerHandler @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-&load[chunk_1]=ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,wp-pointer,quicktags&ver=5.3.2:3
(anonymous) @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:33
c.fire @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
fire @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
yw @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
f.content_style.a @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
(anonymous) @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Promise.then (async)
e @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
loadAll @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
bw @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
ww @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Aw @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
qt @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
u @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
n @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
l.<computed>.l.<computed>.l.<computed>.o.onload @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
load (async)
Di.loadScripts @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Di.loadQueue @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
waitFor @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Di.loadScripts @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Di.loadQueue @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Bw @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
Ow @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
render @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
n @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
e @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
C @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
d @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3
a @ wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:3

Hi, I'm not aware of this issue so I'll need some more information. Can you try these troubleshooting steps and let me know the results?
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views, and Classic Editor, and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty.
- If you need to activate a Maintenance Mode plugin during testing that's fine.
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem is not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

Please let me know what you find out by performing these troubleshooting steps, and we can go from there. Thanks!

Hi Christian, thanks for the reply.

It looks like this is a conflict with the current version (3.6.0) of WPMU's Smush Pro plugin, and it breaks pretty much all jQuery UI elements in the admin. (I won't say all, because I haven't exhaustively tested this, but it makes the admin unusable in a lot of cases.)

What would you suggest is the best course of action? For now, we can obviously disable Smush on all sites we manage, but is this something that should be fixed on your end or their end?

Next step is for me to try to replicate the problem by installing the same plugin on my local test environment. If I'm able to reproduce the issue just by activating the plugin, that indicates a conflict that our compatibility team can investigate and try to resolve. If I'm not able to reproduce the issue so easily, I may need to make a clone of your site so I can try to pin down the exact combination of configurations and content that result in these errors.

It's a paid plugin and I don't have access to a copy of it for testing, so I'll need to get one from your site. I can log in, install the Downloader plugin, and download it myself, or you can zip up the plugin directory and post it to dropbox or drive, then share a download link with me here in the forum. All URLs you share in the forum are obscured from other Users by default, so the plugin will not be distributed.

I'll activate private reply fields here in case you want to let me log in and copy the files I need. Otherwise, please provide a download link so I can download a copy from some reputable file sharing site.

Also I see another ticket in the forum regarding JS issues with Smush Pro: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-types-views-clash-with-beaver-themer-locations-interface/

May or may not be related, but I'll let you know what I find out once I can run some more tests.

Okay thanks, I am able to replicate the error with only Types and Smush Pro active. There's nothing special required to reproduce it, just activate the plugin and load the post editor page. I have escalated the issue to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation, and I'll let you know what I find out. I don't have any workarounds available at the moment, but if one is provided to me I'll update the ticket here.

Hi, I think the Smush Pro team has released a fix for this issue, see here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/smush-pro-backend-js-errors-smush-pro/

Please update Smush Pro to the latest version and let me know if the problem is not completely resolved.

Yep, the latest update to Smush Pro apparently fixed this issue. I'm not sure why I don't always just assume that JS errors come from WPMU plugins at this point. Thanks for keeping an eye on this!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.