Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Uncaught ReferenceError: toolsetCommonEs is not defined

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by RobertB7373 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 09.38.22.png

Hello,

The last update broke my website hidden link I need help, this is urgent!
This is the error message in console "Uncaught ReferenceError: toolsetCommonEs is not defined"
Everything was fine before the updates!

Robert

Hello,

There should be some PHP errors in your website, see it here:
view-source:hidden link
The HTML tag isn't end at all.

please try these:
1) check if there is any PHP error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging
section "PHP Debugging"

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 12.27.18.png

Hi,
I have restored a backup... so, the website is back: hidden link
I have created a staging area where I have updated the toolset plugin hidden link You can see the difference.
Both sites have the same plugin set and all plugins are updated except Toolset. I have checked my wp debug file but it's clear (I have attached a screenshot).

Robert

As I mentioned above, there should be some PHP errors in your wesbite, you can also ask your webserver providers to get the PHP debug logs.

If you need more assistance for it, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if find anything

pepi.JPG
pepi-plugins.JPG

I have tried your package file in my localhost, with below steps:
1) Deactivate all other plugins except Toolset plugins, see my screenshot plugins.JPG
2) Clean the file wp-config.php, comment out some lines from other plugins, since they keep on produce PHP errors, for example:

//include __DIR__ . '/secure-debug.php';
//include __DIR__ . '/wp-fail2ban-configs.php';

3) Test the it in front-end, it works fine, see my screenshot pepi.JPG

So this should be a compatibility/server issue, you will need try as I mentioned in first answer:
1) Get the PHP debug logs from your webserver, you can ask help from your webserver provider to get it.
2) Deactivate all other plugins, including the mu-plugins
3) Clean your website file wp-config.php, try to locate the problem plugin in your website.

Thank you Luo! I could solve the issue. It was related to Autoptimize plugin.
Thank you again for your support.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.