Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to upload images via CRED form

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by AllanF5151 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I apologize the delay here

I think this is the correct Thread, which you mentioned in your Free Consultation Ticket today, right?

OK, let me see if we can solve this.

1. Ensure all Plugins are up to date and update WordPress as well

2. If the Issue still happens, check if it does with Toolset Only and a Default theme.
(for this you might need a test site or at least a full backup)

3. I see various issues on your site that need to be fixed first.

- I am continuously logged out without any action on my end.

- The Access Custom Role is not editable (capabilities)

This should be possible. I also tried to reproduce this locally but I have no success.

The Image Upload is working fine here on a User with same Level as you have.

This might be a compatibility issue or some conflict with other Software.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

Beda,

Yes, this is the correct thread.

If you used the Administrator login on my website, then it was me who logged you out by mistake. I actually deleted that temporary administrator login because my security plugin showed me a login from Sri Lanka, and I immediately deleted this temporary admin login suspecting it was a hacker.

Sorry.

I have another administrator login I can send through a secure form if need be. I don't understand what the "The Access Custom Role is not editable (capabilities)" thing is but I'll go check if I can discover something. I will also look into the other matters that you mentioned.

Let me know if you need me to send you an Administrator login.

I re-enabled the Private form, yes, please send me new access details.

From Sri Lanka, that was me. 🙂

About the " Access Custom Role is not editable" issue, please see my link below how ti should look alike.
On your end I was not able to edit this capabilities.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/managing-wordpress-admin-capabilities-access/ > Editing Capabilities for Your Custom Roles

Anyway it should not be necessary, it should work just out of the box.

Very important to know is if with Toolset only, and updated versions + a default Theme, this is still happening (as it's not locally)

Thank you

Here's what I did:
deactivated *** ALL *** plugins except:
* CRED Frontend Editor
* Types
changed the theme from the current KLEO child theme to:
* Twenty Sixteen
Logged in as keith and christian both using the same password that I sent you and both having the role "poster" and the same problem kept persisting: "You don't have permission to attach files to this post."
The CPT, User Role & form involved in this operation were all created in the Toolset (Types, ACCESS, & CRED)

The website is not being used right now so feel free to deactivate and change the theme and see for yourself.

I can send you FTP access and even cPanel access if you need it, but the secure form is not showing up.

I have to apologize this Thread was not recognized as issue earlier.

I was able to reproduce this your issue.

1. Your Role must for sure be higher than level "0" (your role currently has level "0")
(You won't even see the the image upload button as a "0" Level user

2. Only from and above level 7 you can use this button successfully to UPLOAD Images.

3. I am not sure this is expected, as theoretically the feature should work as soon you are able to see the button.

4. Even if you set the Custom Permission of ""upload_files" in Custom Roles > Your Role > Change Permissions (see screenshot) this does still not work as expected.

I reported and will update you here ASAP-

Beda, I gave "poster" Level 7 but inheriting the Editor role means you can edit/delete others and that is a no-no.

So again I gave "poster" Level 2 (as Author) but the "Add Media" button disappeared although "poster" level was given "upload" permission.

In the same Level 2 another user role "Content User" was created outside ACCESS using WPFront user editor plugin. Those who are logged in with "Content User" role are able to see the "Add Media" button. Try to log with "ebba" username same password as keith.

But even with the Add Media button showing "Content User" role cannot upload.

You were referring to a screenshot, I don't see it. you might have forgotten to attach it.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-13 um 13.55.49.png

Yes, I reported the faulty behavior and our DEV will look into this.

I can unfortunately not provide any workaround for now.

I also attached the screenshot in this reply.

hidden link

The "Add Media" button is there but you get the same error message when you upload.

I have temporarily created a back-end link to the Media Library "UPLOAD IMAGE(S)" which will upload while the "Add Media" inserts them into content.

Could someone please respond if this issue is going to be followed up. It's been two weeks since I started this thread.

Please let me know if you will resolve this issue or not. I need to know whether I need to have an outside party handle it.

Yes, I'm working on this. My apologies the long delay, I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding.

I gave the right steps and all the information to our CRED development team. Unfortunately I don't have any ETA, for sure they will address this issue in the next release.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

Thanks. I hope the next release is not too far off.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.