Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to upload images via CRED form

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by AllanF5151 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
Upload-Image.png

As a user (WP username: ... password: ...) that has a custom role "Content User" that has permissions for custom type "User Post" which is used in the CRED form.

"Content User" has permission to create & edit own content and media

I am trying to: upload an image using CRED form

I visited this URL: after logging in (log in using above) to hidden link

I expect: to be able to upload images using the "Add Media" button in the WYSIWYG

Instead, I got: "You don't have permission to attach files to this post."

You can use any user that has the custom role "Content User" and you will get the same result:
un: iasmina pw: jana
un: krista pw: jana
un: sorana pw: jana

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please send us 1:1 copy of your site. You can do that by following next steps.

+ You can download the Duplicator plugin from here
=> http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and a fresh package.

# Duplicator instruction
+ From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
+ Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
+ Chose "Packages"
+ Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
+ Give it a name or leave it as is
+ Click on "Create Package Set"
+ Wait until the package is ready
+ Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
+ Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

duplicator-archive.PNG

Hi Minesh,

I have a large website as far as backup size is concerned, of over 4 Gig. So duplicator is not a practical solution. It's mostly RSS feed blog posts (and mostly locally-stored images) which I have accumulated over a year.

The free version of duplicator does not allow me to be selective as to what I include in the archive, otherwise I would exclude all REGULAR WP POSTS and that would save a lot of storage size.

I can however alternatively send you all the access credentials you need like a temporary administrator login & FTP. Even cPanel login if you need so later.

The website is not launched to the public yet but will be soon, so you can make all the changes you need to custom roles, permissions and custom post types. All the CUSTOM POSTS and toolset-related elements and many users are just dummy data, but not the REGULAR WP POSTS.

[access details]

keith, sorana, ebba
are all dummy users with "Content User" role, and all have the password: jana

I sent yesterday my last detailed message with all the login, debug and FTP information needed to Minesh.

I haven't heard any acknowledgment whether this issue is being followed up or the information I sent is enough.

I have stopped working on the website so as not to interfere with this issue but I cannot indefinitely do that.

Could someone please respond.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry for unintentional delay here.

Could you please check your issue now. Actually access plugin name changed to "Toolset Access" and I've applied that fix and I think now you can able to upload image successfully. I've try to upload one test image and its working.
=> hidden link

Hope this resolve your issue.

Minesh
Supporter

You are right. By mistake I should have logged in using administrator user. I'm able to reproduce your issue but its strange that even I've deactivated Toolset Access plugin, still I'm not able to upload image and when I checked on my install at this end its working fine.

I'm escalating this ticket to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

I am still awaiting help to resolve this issue since last week.

Please let me know if you are unable to help.

Hello,

I'm Adriano, Toolset support lead. I have been escalated to this thread and I'm working on this.

I was not able to reproduce the same issue with the latest Access version. Could you double check that? In case you still can see the problem, please share with me your Access settings, a screenshot would be great.

Upload-Image.png

Hello,

Of course you will not be able to reproduce same error if you're logged in as an Administrator.

Login as a temporary user: keith pw: jana
go to: hidden link

keith has primary user role defined in ACCESS as "poster"

1. A "poster" role can upload_files: Allows access to Administration Panel: Media (Add New)
hidden link

2. The page: hidden link uses the post form [cred-form form="54753"]
hidden link

3. The post form uses a custom post type called "Submit Post" "submit-post" :
hidden link

If keith tries to upload an image using the "Add Media" button from in the post form:

try it as keith on : hidden link

..... he will get an error similar to the attached screenshot

Please DO NOT use an administrator login to reproduce the error.

I cannot have authors logged in as administrators to submit content, it would be crazy, and it would defeat the purpose of ACCESS.

Who said I've used an Administrator? I've tried in localhost, author user but everything is working as expected here.

Could you reproduce the same issue in a fresh installation? If so, could you provide a duplicator package?

I need steps to reproduce in local first and then forward to the development team.

I cannot use a duplicator the website is huge: >4 gig

Also, I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by localhost, whose localhost?

1. Did you go to hidden link ?

2. log in to that wp installation as un: keith pw: jana ?

3. go to hidden link ?

4. Did you use the "Add Media" button on that page and were able to successfully UPLOAD an image?

Sorry, I was unclear. I'm trying to reproduce it in my local machine, but I couldn't. Could you provide the right steps to see this problem happening?

attach-files-permission-denied.PNG

I provided the steps in excruciating detail in this same thread above, but I'll go ahead and copy-paste it here.

I had sent an Administrator login to Minesh, if you need it I can send but I need a private/secure form to do so.

============== Log in as Administrator to view the Role, Page, Post Form & CPT===============

keith has primary user role defined in ACCESS as "poster"

1. A "poster" role who "can upload_files: Allows access to Administration Panel: Media (Add New)"
hidden link

2. The page: hidden link uses the post form [cred-form form="54753"]
hidden link

3. The post form uses a custom post type called "Submit Post" "submit-post" :
hidden link

==================================================================================

================== Log in as keith to reproduce the error =============

Login as temporary a user:
username: keith password: jana
go to: hidden link

If keith tries to upload an image using the "Add Media" button from in the post form:
..... he will get an error similar to the ATTACHED SCREENSHOT "You don''t have permission to attach files to this post"

=====================================================================

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.