Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to select product based on field in commerce form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I cannot select a field in the "Product to buy when submitting the form" in a Toolset Form, so the users could choose the product to purchase.

Solution:
You should create several products and either a select or radio Toolst Types custom field (not a Generic Forms Field) with values corresponding to the Product IDs you want to offer as choice.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-commerce-to-add-payments-to-forms/#2-1-product-to-buy

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have a post form which I want to connect to a woocommerce subscription product. I have a generic radio field with two options which I would like to determine the product. However, in the "Product to buy when submitting the form" box the dropdown field that should show the fields to choose from does not display any fields.

The post form in question is "submit new standard listing' with id 720

Many thanks

Yes, as elaborated on the DOC that shows how to do this, you will need a Toolset Types Field:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-commerce-to-add-payments-to-forms/#2-1-product-to-buy
==> In this case, you should create several products and a custom field who’s value corresponds with the item IDs. A select or radio input would be great for this purpose.

You would have to create such a field in Toolset > Custom Fields, and populate it with the precise ID's as instructed in the DOC (the ID's will be of your products that you will want to connect)

I've created an example field for you (which you can delete if you want) in hidden link, "This product"
It should be filled out with the Product IDs as value and names, and then inserted in the Form.
Later, you will be able to pick that field from the dropdown you mention.

Thanks!

Thank you - that is working now.

Toolset support is awesome - BUT that hepl document would be more helpful if it specified the field needs to be a custom field added to a post field group and not a generic form .

Many thanks

I am aware of that, and have asked our documentation to adjust it a while ago, which resulted in the current statements there, which I agree are still not precise.

I will ask again to adjust that.

Thank you!

I've asked to update the wording to:

In this case, you should create several products and either a select or radio Toolst Types custom field (not a Generic Forms Field) with values corresponding to the Product IDs you want to offer as choice.

This should be updated coming week as currently the Documenters are offline.

Thanks again!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.