Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to select or type posts/pages when creating a post group in access.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is not able to select Posts to add to his post groups in the Access plugin.

Solution:

Usually cases like these are caused by plugin conflicts and as such I would recommend that you temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ramiA-2 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 1.31.05 PM.png

I am trying to modify my "logged in user" post group to select the pages that my users will have access to. However, I cannot select any pages or posts or type into the field.

I am following the tutorial, and have enabled access management of pages, etc.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Morgan,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind temporarily disabling all your non-toolset plugins and trying again ?

I suspect that this issue is being caused by a plugin conflict.

Thanks,
Shane

The conflict is definitely being caused by Revolution Slider plugin. We have the most updated version installed. Has this been encountered by others, should we send you more information, or do you recommend reverting to an earlier version of revslider?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Morgan

Shane
Supporter

Hi Morgan,

Unfortunately the only suggestion is to disable revolution slider and setup the groups and then re-enable it.

In order to submit this to our development team for further analysis I would need a copy of the plugin.

Could you provide a copy of the plugin so that I can make a report on this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Morgan,

I was unable to access the private fields with the files, however is it possible to resent the files in this next private field that I will enable.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Morgan,

I would suggest uploading it to dropbox or google drive and then send me a share link to have a look.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, did you get the Installed Plugin information that I sent? Also, can you create another private message so I can send you the RevSlider plugin link?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Morgan,

Yes I got the information.

The private fields will be enabled once more.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Morgan,

I've installed the revolution slider plugin and it seems to work fine with the access plugin and i'm still able to set the post group option.

However I do notice that the revolution slider is not showing up in my wordpress backend menu even though the plugin has been activated.

Is this a custom version for your theme ? Could you provide me with admin access to your website as well ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Morgan,

I've narrowed down the issue to not the revolution slider itself but it could be your theme.

Reason being I've changed your theme to a default one and it works normally. Also it could be attributed that your theme is using a version of revolution slider that is specific for the theme.

However as I recommend you can disable the plugin in your case and then make your changes to your post group and then re-enable the plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for the help, Shane! We'll do that.

Just faced this same issue today and disabling the Revolution Slider resolved it.
There must be permanent solution to this!
Revolution Slider is bundled almost with evety theme nowadays.
Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.