Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to reuse a slug for a deleted custom post

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Change name and slug of my Custom Post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link

Description:
At first I imported Toolset settings from my another similar page.
There was custom post named Oferta.
It's a pity something not worked good for me so I deleted it and tried set it once again - new version.
But it didn't worked at all 🙁
So I decided set another custom post to check my if my website works good.
I named it Asortyment. It works good.
Now I decided change its name to Oferta.
But it stops working my Views and other 🙁

I found on this forum that "Post Field Control" should help.
But I didn't find there any record with "Oferta" word.

Could you help me to fix it?

And I have one more important problem and question.
On my custom post created in Toolset I can't save any settings from Page Setting delivered with theme Xtra (hidden link).
I set it indyvidually to some pages but I always back to default after page publishing.
Author of this theme answered me that it isn't Xtra problem but comes from third plugins.
Please write me what could I do to fix it.

Now I decided change its name to Oferta. But it stops working my Views and other
Hello, I'm sure we can fix this issue. It might be necessary to recreate the Query Filters and some shortcodes in your Views and templates after renaming the custom post type. I do not think Post Field Control will help here, since it is mostly for custom field management. If you approve, I will create a clone of the site using the Duplicator plugin. Then I will update the post type slug and fix any issues that may appear after the update. Let me know if that is okay with you and I will get started.

Hi Christian,
Of course if you can do it for me please do 🙂
I will be grateful!

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/unable-to-save-page-settings-with-xtra-theme/

content-selection.png

Okay please check the site now. I updated the post type to use the slug "oferta", single post type "Oferta" and plural "Oferuje". I just guessed at the plural, you can change that here if you want: hidden link

Next I edited the three Views and chose the updated custom post type in Content Selection. Please see content-selection.png here. Now I can see content appearing in these 3 Views on the homepage.

I'm not sure what else to check, so please look over the site and tell me what you think. If you want to apply the WPBakery template to these Oferuje posts, you can do that here: hidden link
Scroll down to the bottom and click Powiąż 12 Oferuje to apply this template to all the Oferuje posts.

Please let me know if there is anything else to fix, and we can go from there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.